• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
wow this is a hard poll.

There are a few that can play but are just waaaaaaay overpaid.

There are a few that signed contracts when they could play and are now overpaid.

There are a few that were signed and overpaid right away.

I think for now, I would vote based around the 3rd option. I picked Brouwer because I think there is an argument that every other player on that list was at least worth their contract at some point during it. Brouwer just simply is not. Finger is basically a tie for me as well.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Dubinsky's on here but no mention of Nathan Horton's contract? Sheesh.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Dubinsky's on here but no mention of Nathan Horton's contract? Sheesh.
as I told a multitude of people, I asked for suggestions in the 1st forum and no mention of Horton was there. The list is set, maybe next time I do this (Or someone else) I’ll add every guy who people asked me to put in, but didn’t tell me in the 1st forum. And with the Dubinsky thing, most people on this list are from a website I found.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
as I told a multitude of people, I asked for suggestions in the 1st forum and no mention of Horton was there. The list is set, maybe next time I do this (Or someone else) I’ll add every guy who people asked me to put in, but didn’t tell me in the 1st forum. And with the Dubinsky thing, most people on this list are from a website I found.
That makes sense! I didn't see this series til this evening, or else I'd have contributed suggestions

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I went with Jeff Finger because it was one of the biggest "WTF" moments in July 1st history. Richards was a star player when he signed that contract and Lucic was someone most people thought the Oilers would at least get 3-5 good years out of, but Finger's contract just made no sense from day 1.

Reactions: Danadiens

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Isn't Chris Pronger still collecting a paycheque?
The guy who has been out of the league so long he was inducted into the Hall last year?

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Voted Richards initially and it a terrible contract there are some caveats. A lot of people though this was a good contract was good for a few years after it signed. The relatively low AAV for a player of Richards caliber during his time and lack of NTC in the first few years allowed the flyers to get a lot of value out of him. It did burn the Kings pretty quickly but he was a key player in a cup run and had an impact in another. He also helped the Kings bring in Carter.

Not sure how you compare that to a Finger contract where the Leafs most likely signed a player the didn’t intend to or the Lucic contract which was considered by most bad from the start.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not sure how you compare that to a Finger contract where the Leafs most likely signed a player the didn’t intend to...

I have disproved that at length almost every thread in this series. Check a few of the early ones if you want. That never happened.

That rumor started as a gag from hockeybuzz. Link

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad