Worst CHL franchises historically??

James Schweitz

Apr 14, 2020
I was just curious on what CHL franchises have the worst all time winning percentages. I have tried to look everywhere but I can't find any infor relating to all time success and where teams rank.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I don't have the stats but I would be surprised if any active team in the Q has a worse winning percentage than the Eagles. The Drakkar would be my next guess.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Not even close. Mississauga Steelheads, 58 years. List of CHL franchise post-season droughts - Wikipedia

A couple points here, The Steelheads used to be St Micheal's Majors, and the St Mike franchise record and history has been suspended, much like the Cleveland Browns were when the original franchise moved to Baltimore. True, the team didn't move, but changed ownership as St. Mike's school divested. E Kerr rebranded the franchise when he assumed ownership. Also St. Mikes did not ice a team for at least 30 yrs during the "drought".

There are no banners for any of St. Mike's accomplishments hanging anywhere at their rink. I don't think too many, if anyone who has followed OHL hockey considers any of St. Mike's history as a extension of the Steelheads history.

Reactions: Roadhog and dwgs

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Fair enough, just posting what I found for the sake of discussion. I also disagree that a tea should be considered the same as what it morphed from (or to). I don't know too many Nordiques fans who cheer for Colorado, maybe the first couple of years but mostly because they fleeced the Habs so badly when they got Roy and Keane.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
No problem, I am a Steelhead STH, and frankly did a double take when I saw your post and checked out the link. Just thought I would clarify as it is misleading to anyone not familiar to the team or if someone checks on Steelheads history and can't find anything beyond the prior decade.

Franchise shifts always bring out opinions if the team history stays or goes so to speak. The Steelheads situation is more odd as they didn't move and kept their players during the change but the history of St. Mikes was put to bed so to speak.

For a time filler it can be interesting to look over some of the franchises and their history as some of the teams in the OHL have moved around over the decades. Cheers!

Reactions: dwgs

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I don't have the stats but I would be surprised if any active team in the Q has a worse winning percentage than the Eagles. The Drakkar would be my next guess.
I realize they won a Memorial Cup when they hosted, but Shawinigan have been around since the beginning ('69) and is yet to win the QMJHL championship.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
I was just curious on what CHL franchises have the worst all time winning percentages. I have tried to look everywhere but I can't find any infor relating to all time success and where teams rank.
To answer your question of Apr 15 2020 . The worst franchise in CHL history were the 1995-96 London Knights with a record of 3 wins and 3 ties for a grand total of 9 points for the season

check it out ; 1995-96 Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Minor League Hockey Standings on StatsCrew.com

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Reactions: BLNY and Fastpace

ErikaPEI

Jul 22, 2022
Montreal/PEI/Charlottetown had a rough existence, though the last few seasons have been great, they never could push through to get a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->