Worst case:

Keep all coaches
Do not buy out Lehtera or Weise
Extend Filp and Manning
Status quo on goalies
Morin traded
Useless vet(s) signed for too long blocking/delaying prospects

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Wow @Jtown those are some tough choices. Do I drink the pee, eat the shit sandwich or take a spoonful from the bowl of vomit? That's what they look like to me, they're all horrifying.

I actually voted for "Assistants kept", because as much as I want Hak gone (and I WANT him GONE), I want Lappy gone more which is saying something.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
In order from worst to least worst?:

1. Laperriere being kept - While it wouldn't be the WORST thing, it would be the most unbelievable. Despite having some quality talent, our PK was close to being historically atrocious. Him being around next year would give me no faith in Hextall being able to construct a good team and coaching staff.

2. Hakstol being kept - #FireHakstol

3. Manning/Filppula extended (any amount of time) - We have young defenseman/forwards that are ready to take larger roles. Manning/Filppula are useless.

4. Lehtera not being bought out - He is among the worst NHL players I have seen. He doesn't belong in this league.

5. Morin being traded - We will not get a great return and I know he will be successful on whatever team we trade him to.

6. Amac given a vote of confidence by Hexy - This will probably happen.

7. Elliot/Neuvirth - Elliot wasn't atrocious when healthy.

Last edited:

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire

1. Laperriere being kept - While I'd r, it would be the most unbelievable. Despite having some quality talent, our PK was close to being historically atrocious. Him being around next year would give me no faith in Hextall being able to construct a good team and coaching staff.

3. Manning/Filppula extended (any amount of time) - We have young defenseman/forwards that are ready to take larger roles. Manning/Filppula are useless.

4. Lehtera not being bought out - He is among the worst NHL players I have seen. He doesn't belong in this league.

5. Morin being traded - We will not get a great return and I know he will be successful on whatever team we traded him to.

Precisely the way I was looking at it as well.

I typically DVR the games when I can and ANY time the Flyers were down a man, I would always FF through the PK. If I was live, I would pause the game long enough that I could fast forward through the PK.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
#1 : Hak still around.... 100% worst case scenario...

distant #2: Manning reupped.. but still very bad sign

both scenarios really set this franchise up for long term failure unless Hexy is removed after making those moves

tbh i dont even wanna think about those 2 scenarios playing out... and if it came to pass, id prolly take a leave from following the team or jump ship to another team for the first time ever in my 35+ years of following philly..

im that dead serious

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Dont see the possibility of Hak being replaced this offseason, so that's base case for me. I'm pretty sure he will get specific direction, and be either extended or let go at the end of next season, barring some collapse mid-year.

I dont see Manning being re-upped, so not realistic, and Morin being traded could be positive or negative depending on return. However, the assistants can and should go, and something should be done about the goalies. I fear these will remain unaddressed, and will keep us a borderline playoff team that collapses in the first round yet again.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
After some though, i had to go with Hakstol not fired, although assistants not fired was a very close second. My thought process is that a new coach is probably going to force a change on the PP and PK anyway, so its kind of two birds with one stone.

Im confident that reupping Manning will have no real effect if we get a new coach in here, as Hakstol is probably the only one in the world who views him as a top 4D. I dont mind manning as a #7, if he has to be here. Vote of confidence for Amac means nothing to me as well, for the same reason above.

Reactions: flyersjim73

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

1. Laperriere being kept - While it wouldn't be the WORST thing, it would be the most unbelievable. Despite having some quality talent, our PK was close to being historically atrocious. Him being around next year would give me no faith in Hextall being able to construct a good team and coaching staff.

5. Morin being traded - We will not get a great return and I know he will be successful on whatever team we trade him to.

Switch #1 and #2.

Hakstol has more responsibility for the PK than Lappy does

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Morin traded... and I feel it's gonna happen, for not much. He's gonna be a stud. He's the type of guy who becomes better when the level of competition is higher. Still can't believe he's not in the NHL yet.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Morin traded... and I feel it's gonna happen, for not much. He's gonna be a stud. He's the type of guy who becomes better when the level of competition is higher. Still can't believe he's not in the NHL yet.

Can definitely see Morin traded at the draft so Hexy can have another precious draft pick. We dont have a 3rd because of Mrazek and im sure thats just eating him up inside. Plus we can then extend Meatpig and have our 7 D set for next years. GOOD TIMES.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad