U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, Medicine Hat & Swift Current, 2-9 November

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Impressive showing by the Czech team. Granted, they got some good breaks and the goalie played well, but they outplayed the Swedes by quite a bit in the first two periods. Also thumbs up for the Czech players who blocked some of the bombs by Swedes on their PPs, they sure played their hearts out tonight.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are still a hockey power.
Don't get me wrong.. I'm a fanatic fan and watch as much as I can. I cheer like crazy. But we're clearly 6th and not in the Top 5 conversation currently.

This NHL season has been very encouraging though as we have a very limited group but an elite scorer (Pastrnak), 3D playing Top 4 roles (Kempny, Hronek and Simek was tossed in Top 4 immediately), some good Centres (Hertl, Krejci, Faksa, Zacha and Chytil) and some good wingers (Vrana, Necas, Voracek) and 2 starting goalies (Rittich, Mrazek). It's not enough to scare the Top 5 but it's as good as it's been in awhile.

Also, I thought the draft class was really poot but it seems like several players are looking to get drafted including, potentiall, Pytlik and Mysak in round 1.

Now a Semi here.

I'm not too optimistic about the World Jrs at home to be honest but I'm positive I won't miss a game.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Game over for Finland. Not impressed at all. No one, and i mean no one has been decent in this game.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Oh my days, the Finns take the wrong decision in every damn situation. If nothing radical happens to their development only 2-3 players will have a chance on the NHL.

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I´m actually disappointed with Lambert too, i mean if you are a top prospect and can´t even manage to create anything than skate circles in two periods? He needs to learn himself to produce points, especially if he´s all about skill. The kid has all the tools but i´m far from convinced yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Finlands defense and goaltending is nothing but horrible. I´m shocked, it´s crazy bad. Closed the stream for good.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If nothing radical happens to their development
I feel like something radical already happened which is why I see a Finn going in Top 5 every single year. 5 million people, smallest nation out of the big 5 and constantly producing elite NHL talent.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This isn't the best age group but if the whole team plays poorly I think it has something to do with how good USA is and some with how bad the coaching is.

They are better than this.

Last edited:
Reactions: king89

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
This isn't the best age group but if the whole team plays poorly I think it has something to do with how good USA is and some with how bad the coaching is.
You are probably right, but this was actually so bad that i would question some of these players too. Not some, more like 90% of them.
Well, Luostarinen getting his well deserved chance with the Canes tonight. Always something.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
You are probably right, but this was actually so bad that i would question some of these players too. Not some, more like 90% of them.
Well, Luostarinen getting his well deserved chance with the Canes tonight. Always something.
I don't question players after one game. US group is really good. I blame this on coaching.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I don't question players after one game. US group is really good. I blame this on coaching.
Chill! My opinion is only an opinion, but i saw the game against Sweden, Russia, Canada Red and USA. That´s four games buddy and the only ones showing anything was Lambert, Suomi and perhaps Malinen. Even when Finland won against Russia i thought the Russian players were better. Sweden was the only team that didn't seem to be overly superior at individual level, rather close.

The coaching is probably bad as you say and boy i hope so, because Finland was the worst team in the whole tournament. Still, even if the team was bad it´s not the only excuse for this kind of an performance. Many of these players couldn't even manage the simplest off passes, that should tell you something Panda.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Chill! My opinion is only an opinion, but i saw the game against Sweden, Russia, Canada Red and USA. That´s four games buddy and the only ones showing anything was Lambert, Suomi and perhaps Malinen. Even when Finland won against Russia i thought the Russian players were better. Sweden was the only team that didn't seem to be overly superior at individual level, rather close.

The coaching is probably bad as you say and boy i hope so, because Finland was the worst team in the whole tournament. Still, even if the team was bad it´s not the only excuse for this kind of an performance. Many of these players couldn't even manage the simplest off passes, that should tell you something Panda.
You tell me to "chill" when you are saying this like this? I worry about this age group when they are playing in the U18 tournaments. I don't really worry about what happens before it.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You tell me to "chill" when you are saying this like this? I worry about this age group when they are playing in the U18 tournaments. I don't really worry about what happens before it.

Yeah, chill. You wrote false things, like i would have an opinion after "one" game when young boys are playing. Multiply it with four. Opinions can always change as well. Please, don´t try so hard to be be a smart ass.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yeah, chill. You wrote false things, like i would have an opinion after "one" game when young boys are playing. Multiply it with four. Opinions can always change as well. Please, don´t try so hard to be be a smart ass.
I didn't try a thing? I didn't get upset about your post like it seems you did on mine. I didn't know how many games have you watched, sorry. Why you need to be so mad to me? I'm sorry, really.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I didn't try a thing? I didn't get upset about your post like it seems you did on mine. I didn't know how many games have you watched, sorry. Why you need to be so mad to me? I'm sorry, really.
Okay, well then i´m sorry too. I´m not mad, just some pure old misunderstanding here. No worries. Good night y´all.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
This game reminding me of the 2012 WJC semi-final when Russia was styling on Canada early and built up a 6-1 lead, only to hold onto a a 6-5 win by the skin of their teeth. I think we’re in store for another classic 6-5 Canada/Russia game, lads.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, we're destroying Canada Black and we don't even have a single player, who's at least 0.5 PPG in the MHL. It's a prettty meh team, actually. Not sure, how do these Canadians look in the CHL or do they have any at all.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Well, we're destroying Canada Black and we don't even have a single player, who's at least 0.5 PPG in the MHL. It's a prettty meh team, actually. Not sure, how do these Canadians look in the CHL or do they have any at all.

They’re all CHL players, except for 1.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
This game reminding me of the 2012 WJC semi-final when Russia was styling on Canada early and built up a 6-1 lead, only to hold onto a a 6-5 win by the skin of their teeth. I think we’re in store for another classic 6-5 Canada/Russia game, lads.

Or not. Does anyone know the semi-final matchups? Hopefully we see a Russia/US final. They’re the most skilled/fun to watch teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->