U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge 3-10 November

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Canada White been clearly the better team

i watched all the games- flipping back and forth- and i am really impressed with the Canadian talent. Three very equal teams and except for the odd period, the teams all pushed the pace of the game- played aggresive but not physical hockey.
Congrats to all the teams. The hockey brand and talent is outstanding.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I keep reminding myself to be patient and look at things from a bigger perspective but this season so far has been super frustrating for a Czech prospects' follower.
This season feels like we have went back in time to 2008 or so. An occasional win or close game against strong team followed by 3 blowout loses. Every age category struggles to score a goal, next to none interesting defensemen prospects coming up and the skating ability seems to be at least a tier or two below the top teams.
We beat Switzerland or Slovakia 4 out of 5 times, but only manage to win 1 (if that) out of 5 games against a stronger opponent. Kind of stuck in a dead area, not good enough to compete for medals, not bad enough to fall out of the major tournaments.
But at least we have new jerseys. (Funnily enough it feels like the Czech teams started playing worse since acquiring them.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rexor

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Holtz doesn't look like a top 10 pick at all. Not overly impressed with Byfield either.
Holtz greatly benefited from being an early developer... I think that his stock is only going to keep falling. He doesn't have the IQ or creativity required in my opinion, and he's not a good enough skater.

Raymond on the other hand is an incredible talent.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Holtz greatly benefited from being an early developer... I think that his stock is only going to keep falling. He doesn't have the IQ or creativity required in my opinion, and he's not a good enough skater.

Raymond on the other hand is an incredible talent.

That seems to be the case with Holtz. Haven't liked his game at all, and it's not just this tournament. He seems to only look slower and slower relative to his peers, his hands are not quick enough, his IQ is nothing special. The only thing I really like about his game right now is when he gets open for a wrist shot in the slot or when he gets on a breakaway, there he's deadly. Wouldn't write him off just yet but I see a lot of red flags and he hasn't been one of the top players in this tournament.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
That seems to be the case with Holtz. Haven't liked his game at all, and it's not just this tournament. He seems to only look slower and slower relative to his peers, his hands are not quick enough, his IQ is nothing special. The only thing I really like about his game right now is when he gets open for a wrist shot in the slot or when he gets on a breakaway, there he's deadly. Wouldn't write him off just yet but I see a lot of red flags and he hasn't been one of the top players in this tournament.
Swedish Laine. :)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
way to go team USA, that was pathetic overall....feel bad for some of the kids on this team...many of us called out last year Seth Appert and his terrible coaching especially with the defense despite the team winning like it did...he is just proving how in over his head he is, this better wake up Beezer and crew to get him out of here.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
way to go team USA, that was pathetic overall....feel bad for some of the kids on this team...many of us called out last year Seth Appert and his terrible coaching especially with the defense despite the team winning like it did...he is just proving how in over his head he is, this better wake up Beezer and crew to get him out of here.

This is a very weak year for the U.S. No one should be all that surprised by the results. They do have some talent but little depth.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is a very weak year for the U.S. No one should be all that surprised by the results. They do have some talent but little depth.
they are weak compared to the past 2 birth years, but still a group much more talented than what went down here.

hell, Button has 4 first rounders, top 20 ranked right now from this team and that isn't including Peterson or Bordeleau..

there is more than enough talent here to not finish where they did...never thought they would win this, but they should have been in a medal game.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
they are weak compared to the past 2 birth years, but still a group much more talented than what went down here.

hell, Button has 4 first rounders, top 20 ranked right now from this team and that isn't including Peterson or Bordeleau..

there is more than enough talent here to not finish where they did...never thought they would win this, but they should have been in a medal game.

Sweden and Russia both have a very strong 02 class. Finland is not as deep but has the talent to challenge for a medal. The 02 year for Canada is very deep and all three of their squads could have competed for a gold medal. The only team the U.S. should have beat was the Czech Republic.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sweden and Russia both have a very strong 02 class. Finland is not as deep but has the talent to challenge for a medal. The 02 year for Canada is very deep and all three of their squads could have competed for a gold medal. The only team the U.S. should have beat was the Czech Republic.
agree to disagree. I do not see either Russia or Finland ahead of the US, Sweden looked real good to me, and Canada has deep talent so that is always a fight, but this team had enough talent to make it to a medal round..

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
F**k! I just woke up. Where is the stream? Are you watching with TSN app?

Why isn't TV1 streaming the game?
I don't know streams because i don't use them so much.

I follow this game from livetulokset.com live score update.
Finland has taken lead it's 2-3 for Finland now.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
After 2nd period Finland leads Canada red 2-3.
Sorry stupid question but is a player named W Villeneuve any relation former Canadian formula1 driver Jacques Villeneuve?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Ah okay! Go Finland!

1 goal lead vs Canada is not secure or safe.
3rd period and possible overtime and shootout contest can change everything.
This game is more than decided. GO FINLAND.

Following these games would be easier if Finnish hockey association could broadcast these live coverage in leijonat tv or leijonat.fi. Those damn piracy streams aren't so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pardus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad