World u18's

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Mid August.

Isnt there a summer camp for world juniors also? So doesnt this mean that people that impress in the current tourny could be playing all summer long?

IIHF World U18's-Summer Canada Camp-Ivan Helinka and then right into training camp?

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Isnt there a summer camp for world juniors also? So doesnt this mean that people that impress in the current tourny could be playing all summer long?

IIHF World U18's-Summer Canada Camp-Ivan Helinka and then right into training camp?

The 95's won the gold medal at the Ivan Hlinka last August. This current upcoming one is for 96's and younger. And yes players at this current U18 tournament can be invited to the preseason world juniors camp but it's more like a mini tournament and a couple practices. Just a preliminary evaluation, just to get a heads up before the big camp in November.

H44

Aug 31, 2011
Hopefully, both Bigras and Nastasiuk are added to this team.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
96's will be let go. Team Canada currently has 6 96's . Baptiste is heading up tomorrow. Duclair, Bowey, possibly Nastasiuk and Bigras could also be added to the list. I do expect Sam Bennett and Roland McKeown to retain their spot on the roster but they could be removed if the Canadian staff feel other 95's will have more of an impact.

So Bowey, Baptiste, Bigras and Nastasiuk are all confirmed, heading to Russia. I wonder if they make any more roster changes.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
So Bowey, Baptiste, Bigras and Nastasiuk are all confirmed, heading to Russia. I wonder if they make any more roster changes.

4 solid additions....but they're going to need at least 4 more serious additions to give this a run, otherwise they are a little outgunned. Not sure really of who exactly I'd add.... is Duclair still in HC's douhouse? Didn't he have some issues with the coaching staff at last year's Ivan Hlinka or am I confusing him with somebody else?

And given the news coming out of Edmonton with the Edmonton retreads, MacT and Howsen, how about re-hire Kenvin Pendergast as your chief scout and get him the hell away from Team Canada.

Last edited:

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
4 solid additions....but they're going to need at least 4 more serious additions to give this a run, otherwise they are a little outgunned. Not sure really of who exactly I'd add.... is Duclair still in HC's douhouse? Didn't he have some issues with the coaching staff at last year's Ivan Hlinka or am I confusing him with somebody else?

Duclair was in the doghouse but not for HC, it was with his current team in Quebec. Him and Adam Erne got into a bit of trouble with Patrick Roy (head coach) and the vets on the team.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Duclair was in the doghouse but not for HC, it was with his current team in Quebec. Him and Adam Erne got into a bit of trouble with Patrick Roy (head coach) and the vets on the team.

No, I remember an incident at the Ivan Hlinka tourny last summer that people here were bantering on about... and I don't debate rumors on these boards, but I read them and there were a lot of indications from posters that Duclair was at the center of it. Others had Mackinnon...what's true or not, I really don't know and don't really care for much of the rumor speculation on these boards... so I was just wondering.....

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
No, I remember an incident at the Ivan Hlinka tourny last summer that people here were bantering on about... and I don't debate rumors on these boards, but I read them and there were a lot of indications from posters that Duclair was at the center of it. Others had Mackinnon...what's true or not, I really don't know and don't really care for much of the rumor speculation on these boards... so I was just wondering.....

If it did happen, I never heard anything about it. If there was a problem at least they still won lol.

bidzey*

I expect Nastasiuk to be pretty nasty and I mean that in a good way for Canada. He felt he got jipped when he got cut from Ivan Hlinka, and he'll probably want to remind HC that they shouldn't have. Not that it mattered winning the gold... anyways... He was the point leader in the playoffs (i think). Look out for him, I expect him to surprise unsuspecting Canadian fans.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
First Period/Première période
Goals/Buts:
02:45 CAN Sam Bennett (Sam Reinhart) PP/AN
03:52 CZE Martin Kohout (Roman Prikryl)
14:29 CAN Brayden Point (Yan-Pavel Laplante, Roland McKeown)

Penalties/Pénalités:
02:17 CZE David Nemecek (Interference/Obstruction)
08:56 CAN Bench/Banc (Too Many Players/Trop du joueurs)
12:44 CZE Dominik Kubalik (Cross-checking/Double-échec)
12:55 CAN Sam Bennett (Boarding/Donner de la bande)
16:23 CAN Laurent Dauphin (Interference/Obstruction)
18:45 CZE Martin Kohout (Slashing/Coup de bâton)

Second Period/Deuxième période
Goals/Buts:
09:22 CZE Roman Prikryl (Jakub Vrana)
14:30 CZE Dominik Kubalik

Penalties/Pénalités:
04:47 CAN Martin Kokes (Interference/Obstruction)
05:52 CZE Tomas Dvorak (Tripping/Faire trébucher)

Third Period/Troisième période
Goals/Buts:
01:43 CZE Jakub Vrana (Yan Stencel, Jan Kostalek) PP/AN
03:33 CAN Brayden Point PP/AN
05:50 CAN Connor McDavid (Shea Theodore)

Penalties/Pénalités:
01:30 CAN Nick Ritchie (High-sticking/Bâton élevé)
02:17 CZE David Kampf (Tripping/Faire trébucher)
10:06 CAN Yan-Pavel Laplante (Check to the Head/Mise en échec à la tête) 10:06 CAN Yan-Pavel Laplante (Misconduct/Inconduite)
14:05 CAN Connor McDavid (Slashing/Coup de bâton)

Overtime/Prolongation
Goals/Buts:
None/Aucun

Penalties/Pénalités:
None/Aucune
Shootout/Tirs de barrage
CAN Sam Reinhart NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CZE Lubos Rob GOAL/BUT
CAN Brayden Point GOAL/BUT
CZE Jakub Vrana NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CAN Connor McDavid NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CZE David Pastrnak NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CZE Pavel Zacha NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CAN Morgan Klimchuk NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CZE Jan Stencel NO GOAL/AUCUN BUT
CAN Laurent Dauphin GOAL/BUT

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I know Baptiste was already mentioned, but both of Sudbury's imports are playing as well Kubalik for the Czech's and Kahun for Germany.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Must be nice for Fronts fans to be able to watch these 2 do work on a nightly basis..

Bennett has been dynamite all year I still think Mckeown needs to get a little stronger to win some battles ,etc. Good luck to both these guys at this tourney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->