World u18's

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Whos taking part from your OHL team?

Jody Hull is the assistant coach for Team Canada.

The Petes also have Ritchie in Canada's Camp.

Jonatan Tanus will likely be with Finland.

Steve Santini and Connor Clifton are hopefuls for the states. (Not part of the Petes yet but hoping they can convince them this season)

All u18 discussion can be done here!

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Kingston has Bennett and Mckeown in Canada's camp, Those boys have played a lot of hockey this year.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Big loss. Anybody think Nurse has an outside shot at world juniors next christmas?

I'd think a good shot actually, Always loved his play, and he came through in a big way this year after a disappointing offensive first year.

bidzey*

how long before they shut the door on players? I mean there must be a couple of good choices available now that the Rangers are out, and the way Owen Sound is playing they'll be out Sunday.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Canada is waiting for the 2nd round to be completely over CHL wide. Some of the 96's selected were just picked for the experience. They will be sent back to Canada after the pretournament games. Possible names that could be added to the list would be Bigras, Nastasiuk, Bowey.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
how long before they shut the door on players? I mean there must be a couple of good choices available now that the Rangers are out, and the way Owen Sound is playing they'll be out Sunday.

Do the Rangers have anyone of note to send?

Bigras is the only addition I see from either of these two teams.

Games start Thursday, so you figure they would have to decide monday morning at the latest.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Canada is waiting for the 2nd round to be completely over CHL wide. Some of the 96's selected were just picked for the experience. They will be sent back to Canada after the pretournament games. Possible names that could be added to the list would be Bigras, Nastasiuk, Bowey.

I'd expect Baptiste to be there now that Sudbury is out.

bidzey*

Do the Rangers have anyone of note to send?

Bigras is the only addition I see from either of these two teams.

Games start Thursday, so you figure they would have to decide monday morning at the latest.

for Rangers your probably right... no one, I thought maybe Justin Bailey to the American team, bu then again the US is pretty strong on this tournament so maybe he wouldn't make the cut after all.

As for OS, don't forget Nastasiuk, he did play in the top prospect game, and as been exceptional in the playoffs so far. He coming on very strong.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Does this mean there will be cuts?

96's will be let go. Team Canada currently has 6 96's . Baptiste is heading up tomorrow. Duclair, Bowey, possibly Nastasiuk and Bigras could also be added to the list. I do expect Sam Bennett and Roland McKeown to retain their spot on the roster but they could be removed if the Canadian staff feel other 95's will have more of an impact.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
for Rangers your probably right... no one, I thought maybe Justin Bailey to the American team, bu then again the US is pretty strong on this tournament so maybe he wouldn't make the cut after all.

US apparently will not take players not in their development program it seems, so I doubt it.

As for OS, don't forget Nastasiuk, he did play in the top prospect game, and as been exceptional in the playoffs so far. He coming on very strong.

I figure an outside chance at best, although he has played stronger of late.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
US apparently will not take players not in their development program it seems, so I doubt it.

I figure an outside chance at best, although he has played stronger of late.

It depends. Erne was on their initial top 40 list of players they can call up to the tournament and he plays for the Remparts. I wouldn't rule him out. On the other hand I don't remember seeing Bailey's name.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I do expect Sam Bennett and Roland McKeown to retain their spot on the roster but they could be removed if the Canadian staff feel other 95's will have more of an impact.

It would be tough to remove Bennett. Obviously he has adjusted to the OHL incredibly well, but his chemistry with MCdavid it borderlines on telepathic. It was incredible to watch these 2 share, the same thought process during a hockey game.

bidzey*

anyone see any streaming anywhere? the only one I could find was fast hockey but not free.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Sounds like this is a very deep USA team. They also have past chrmistry where this is Canadas first game together. No surprised at all that its 2-0.

4-1 final.
Petes Prospect Connor Clifton with one goal and one assist.

Last edited:

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Sounds like this is a very deep USA team. They also have past chrmistry where this is Canadas first game together. No surprised at all that its 2-0.

4-1 final.
Petes Prospect Connor Clifton with one goal and one assist.

Majority of these guys have been playing together for almost the past 2 years. This is the biggest tournament for USA hockey, as opposed to us who consider the Ivan Hlinka as our biggest one for U18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad