Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Sox roar back to win Game 4 - Price will start Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Price starting is the safe move, I like it.

1. Kershaw at home will be tough to beat, might as well save Sale just in case Kershaw is lights out - we have the luxury of being up two games.
2. If we did lose game five, going home with Sale on the mound would curb dodgers momentum more than if our ace was used up, it would also put way more pressure on Price.
3. Price in game 5, with very little pressure, actually has a pretty damn good chance of pitching a gem.

As i said, I like it.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Seriously, MLB needs to step in and do something about this guy. It's getting out of hand.

I actually didn't see this play. Not saying Machado didn't spike him but is there video? The pic can be deceiving as you can't tell the depth between his cleat and Pearce's leg.

I think that's all it really boils down to.

I wonder if they'd consider using Sale in the 9th if they are winning.

Considering how Porcello and Eovaldi pitched, I think Cora would be fine throwing those two in a game 6 and 7. Plus we know Cora doesn't mess around. He goes all in for the win that's in frontvof him. I could definitely see Sale out of the pen tonight.

Price with back to back great starts but historically pitchers don't do well on 3 days rest. I know he did it against Houston but that's my biggest concern tonight.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Price starting is the safe move, I like it.

1. Kershaw at home will be tough to beat, might as well save Sale just in case Kershaw is lights out - we have the luxury of being up two games.
2. If we did lose game five, going home with Sale on the mound would curb dodgers momentum more than if our ace was used up, it would also put way more pressure on Price.
3. Price in game 5, with very little pressure, actually has a pretty damn good chance of pitching a gem.

As i said, I like it.

I think it's really point #3. Cora sees the same situation as Price going in game 5 against Houston/Verlander. And they give Sale more rest just in case they need him to start. It's still a risk starting a guy on 3 days rest though.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think it's really point #3. Cora sees the same situation as Price going in game 5 against Houston/Verlander. And they give Sale more rest just in case they need him to start. It's still a risk starting a guy on 3 days rest though.

Starting Price just makes sense

Like you said, no pressure.

Plus it lines up Sale and Eovaldi for 6 and 7

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I wish Pedro was still pitching. He'd have no problem buzzing a 95 mph fastball at Machado's chin because of his antics. After buzzing him he'd look on and tell him next time he won't miss.

I've never wanted anything more than to see that guy get hit right between the shoulders with a Nathan Evoldi or Joe Kelly 99 MPH fastball. He's such an incredible dink. Literally the living embodiment of being a poor sport. Take your loss like a man instead of a little kitty cat.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I don't mind Puig's reaction to his HR. It's a huge spot for them.

Machado though. f*** him. Such an unlikable :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Deserves a fastball in the ribs every single time he is at the plate, then another one in the back on his way to first.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't mind Puig's reaction to his HR. It's a huge spot for them.

Machado though. **** him. Such an unlikable ****. Deserves a fastball in the ribs every single time he is at the plate, then another one in the back on his way to first.

His reaction around the bases was fine. Him coming out for a curtain call with 3 innings left in the game makes him the asshat that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad