Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Sox lose Game 3 in the 18th inning - Game 4 at 8:09 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Also, maybe a product of him not being a 1st baseman but if Vazquez dives is he able to knock that ball down? He looked to be pretty close to it.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Also, maybe a product of him not being a 1st baseman but if Vazquez dives is he able to knock that ball down? He looked to be pretty close to it.
Ball was far away from Vazquez. So much for LAs bats heating up in LA.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
An absolutely horrific display of supposedly major league hitting. Every player on both teams looking to be a hero with a homerun for dozens of at bats. No trying to go the other way,no contact hitting,no teamwide decision to win a game together. Betts has been putrid,Martinez-mediocre,Benintendi is about as soft a hitter as you'll see,Bogearts just plain sucks at the plate right now,Moreland is a joke and Kinsler is toast as a MLB hitter and player. Pisspoor performance by everyone not a pitcher.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
An absolutely horrific display of supposedly major league hitting. Every player on both teams looking to be a hero with a homerun for dozens of at bats. No trying to go the other way,no contact hitting,no teamwide decision to win a game together. Betts has been putrid,Martinez-mediocre,Benintendi is about as soft a hitter as you'll see,Bogearts just plain sucks at the plate right now,Moreland is a joke and Kinsler is toast as a MLB hitter and player. Pisspoor performance by everyone not a pitcher.

Did you get the Benny was soft thing from his one pinch hit AB?

Reactions: Pay Carl

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i don't watch much baseball, but i'm sick of this HR or K game that seems to have taken over.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I fell asleep about half way through the game lol. Woke up on the couch around 345am to what i think was Joe buck screaming about a dodgers walk off. I’ll have to check now to get more info

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I fell asleep about half way through the game lol. Woke up on the couch around 345am to what i think was Joe buck screaming about a dodgers walk off. I’ll have to check now to get more info

I fell asleep from roughly innings 11-14, so I missed the Kinsler debacle, but have seen plenty of replays since.

Woke up and watched 15-18. Wish I had just stayed sleeping.

Frustrating.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

What the heck is a soft hitter?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ball was far away from Vazquez. So much for LAs bats heating up in LA.

Didn't look like that to me on replay. He ran towards the ball and his glove ended up pretty close to the ball at the point it got by him. Regardless, still a choke by Kinsler.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
And this is even more obvious in extra innings.

Everyone wants to be the instant hero.
the 3rd baseman is 60 feet off the line, lay down a bunt. All four infielders are to the 1st base side of the infield, just knock a dribbler to the other side. It obviously won't work every time, but occasionally doing it in May against Detroit, when it doesn't matter will let it be an option in the 16th inning in October

Reactions: sarge88

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I really can't blame Cora much. He was right to go for the jugular. It didn't work.

I do have a few second guesses...

Porcello needed to stay at least one more batter (preferably beyond that, but at least you don't use up ERod).
Benintendi should've double swtiched with JD Martinez. JD was obviously hurting, and the speed in the outfield may have been helpful.
I know this was Eovaldi's game to lose, but Pomeranz should've been up an inning or two before. You could see the scales tipping after each inning.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

And that's on Cora,somewhat. He should have held an impromptu team meeting after watching a dozen batters swing for the fences. All he has to say is,"Knock that shit off."

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The slip was inconsequential to the play. Look at where Puig was, if Kinsler sets his feet and throws he gets him. The slip probably made him rush it and he just choked. Hopefully they overcome it. Because if not that play will go down in history.

Now, if you were to read off Mookie's current playoff stat line this season I would have said 0% chance Sox win World Series. Still time for him to make an impact even if a three hit performance like JBJ to win ALCS MVP but if he doesn't hit and this thing goes south, he should take a lot of heat.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I fell asleep from roughly innings 11-14, so I missed the Kinsler debacle, but have seen plenty of replays since.

Woke up and watched 15-18. Wish I had just stayed sleeping.

Frustrating.

Just watched highlights. Freaking kinsler. Thank god they got him for the defense.

Eovaldi seemingly pitched very well. 2 runs through 6, one on a throwing error. Cora went for it i guess. Hopefully LA burned through arms in the back half, cuz at one point i think it was 6-3 on pitchers used.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Which is exactly why I give Holt so much respect for last night

Patient enough to take a walk in a game when everyone else was swinging for the fences, and made it home off savvy base running

Didn’t try to play hero

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
They shouldn't have walked Puig. Puig was swinging at everything all game, Eovaldi got the ground ball, and if Ian Kinsler does ANYTHING ELSE (including holding on to the ball or throwing it somewhat close to Vasquez), either the Red Sox win or it's basically the equivalent of walking Puig since there were two outs.

As good as Eovaldi was last night, I'm glad they are starting a lefty in Game 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->