World Series: Mets Vs Royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Mets in 5. And I hate the mets...but it just seems like their year. I dont think this will be close at all.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think the Mets will win, but the Royals are a pain in the ass team. Will be going to back to KC for a potential game 6, maybe even 7.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I see the Mets winning this. They may even have a chance to spoil Kansas's home field advantage. Their rotation is too strong.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Mets in 5. I posted this in the other thread, and I'll repeat it here. I was in 5th grade when the Mets won in 86. I also really liked George Brett so the Royals were my favorite AL team (No inter-league back then) so having a favorite team in the other league was ok. Anyways, later that school year I got a book called, How to Draw Funny People, and it had a baseball player. Drew him and in the background made it the Mets beating the Royals in game 5 of the WS to take the crown. Chose game 5, because the AL had home-field advantage that year and wanted the Mets to win at home. Remember, used to just alternate between the leagues. No longer have the picture, but 28 years late is better than never!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Definitely wasn't hoping for the Mets in the NLCS but will be cheering for them 120% here. I will temporarily hate baseball to see the Royals win.

Won't be easy though.

*Bob Richards*

Never thought it would ever come to this but since we are here, might as well try to take the whole thing. :D

Here's to a good one, Royals fans.

Sep 19, 2008
RT @Buster_ESPN Mets played closest thing I can remember to a perfect series against the Cubs. I'm guessing week off doesn't help,plus KC a deep, deep team.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I picked the Mets in 6, but I think it will be a hard fought series and could very well go the other way. The Royals have consistently won and don't have weaknesses, yet everyone (myself included) always seems to sleep on them just a little bit too much.

I went with the Mets because I think their pitching is better and could take over some games. But, the Royals are the type of team who only needs a tiny lead and they can squeeze a victory out of any game.

Haven't looked closely at the schedule, but wish some of the games were on at better times in Europe so that I could tune in.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I like the Royals at first glance. They will put the ball in play, which will be important against the Mets fireballers. HFA matters too.

Most importantly, I hate the long layoff for the Mets. When you are a team that is rolling on a cylinders, the last thing you want to do is spend nearly a week off.

This Cespedes shoulder injury thing is also concerning.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I don't think anyone is beating the Mets, I just hope this goes 7 games.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
KC hasn't played against pitching the same caliber as the Mets. I'd say Mets in 5.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ah yes, the long layoff.

Remember the 2007 Rockies? Had to wait forever after going 20-1 in their last 21. Yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->