Cam Ward
Jeff Deslauriers

D:
Mike Egener
Kevin Kleinn

F:
Jeremy Colliton
Corey Perry

EDIT: Thats just from what Ive seen and heard prior to the second OUA game which is being aired at midnight over in Ontario.

Chance I'll change em after.

Last edited:

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
After watching the two exhibition games I'd like to give my thoughts on some of the players... Canada won both, as we know 2-0 and 9-1.

<b>Goaltenders...</b>

Cam Ward just got peppered with scoring chances and let in 7 goals all but sealing his fate. It looked to me as though after the 3rd goal he let in he knew it was over and was just playing out the rest of the game.

With Fleury guarenteed a spot (weak goal he let in tonite I may add) it's between Harding and Drouin-Deslauriers for the backup spot. Harding let in two tonight on 15 shots however I feel that they will go with Harding and release Drouin-Deslauriers.

<b>Defencemen...</b>
This is their deepest spot, the guys I feel are guarenteed a spot are Coburn, Phaneuf, White and Seabrook... which leaves 3 spots up for grab.

Mike Egener had a rough game tonight, beat one-on-one numerous times, physical, but don't believe he'll be there come tomorrow.

The guys fighting for the remainder of the spots, Belle, Gorges, Meech, and Klein. All four solid defencemen... Personally, as mentioned Gorges and Meech are almost identical players, will they keep both? That's the question. Gorges and Meech both showed signs of sparking the offence. Belle, didn't play much in the second game, makes me wonder if he's a lock for the team (which is what I believe) or was in question. With my belief that Belle is a lock that brings up Klein. Not too flashy but does bring up the point that he is a right handed shot, something that Canada lacks (White and Seabrook being the only others). Will Canada take two identical left handers in Meech and Gorges or drop one of them and keep Klein, this is the real toss up.

<b>Forwards...</b>
In my opinion, fairly obvious. Stephen Dixon will be the first to go, weak on the puck, lacking physical game, didn't take advantage of the limited oppurtunities he got. The second forward to go in my belief will be Jeremy Colliton. Didn't stand out at all out there and didn't really create any oppurtunities.

<b>Puckz Picks for Cuts</b>
G Cam Ward
G Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers
D Mike Egener
D Josh Gorges
F Stephen Dixon
F Jeremy Colliton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad