Prospect Info: World Juniors Discussion - 4 Baby Bolts on Team Canada

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I figured a thread to keep track of the World Juniors doings would be worthwhile.

Foote, Katchouk, Howden, and Raddysh made Team Canada. I'm assuming Hajek will be on team Czech. We have no one on Team USA. I'm not sure if Lipanov is going to make Team Russia.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Cirelli and Stephens were two of Canada's best forwards last year. They turned the fourth line into a go-to line, it was quite impressive. Hopefully the trend of leaned-on Bolt prospects continues with Howden and Katchouk.

Raddysh was alright last year, good on the PP. Padded some stats on some bad teams, but I expect him to be better this time around. Joseph was probably the most disappointing.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
All the whining about who got cut and who made it (over insert my-teams-prospect-here) is almost as entertaining as the actual games themselves. Can't wait to see all the salt about ice-time as well (Muh mikey mcleod!11!!1).

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

What a smile.

I still think he is star struck. Not in the fact of who he is playing against, but the fact that he can't believe himself to be considered one. I remember the conference where Yzerman introduced members of the organization on stage, St.Louis, Stamkos, he also introduced Vasi who was yet playing for the bolts and practically named him our future Number 1. I never saw someone smile so hard before....

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It will be fun seeing the players we have at the tournament even if I'm still going to cheer for Sweden.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hajek with an excellent game while playing the entire game on the right side which is his off-side. Czechs were line matching Hajek vs the Russian first line and he was on the ice for first three Czech goals and none against.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Hajek with an excellent game while playing the entire game on the right side which is his off-side. Czechs were line matching Hajek vs the Russian first line and he was on the ice for first three Czech goals and none against.

Thanks for the update! Will you be watching the CAN vs FIN game as well? I know it's about to start and I'm curious how our other prospects do.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Katchouk scores on a breakaway, but crashes into the net before it goes on. Don't think this will count.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lol it counted. To me that was a clear no goal but at least it was our guy that scored.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
One thing's for sure, the main boards are always fun to read during the international tournaments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->