World Juniors being played in August

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Very cool. It obviously doesn't help from a draft evaluation standpoint, but it is nice to have meaningful hockey in August.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He should
He has nothing to prove in the WJC and should be playing the World Men's Championships (if they weren't having the Olympics). Let someone else get a chance to showcase his talents. Raymond's peers are now NHL'ers.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He has nothing to prove in the WJC and should be playing the World Men's Championships (if they weren't having the Olympics). Let someone else get a chance to showcase his talents. Raymond's peers are now NHL'ers.
Agree and disagree, would you like to see the best on best u20 ? It's in August

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Would like to see Sweden rethink that Wallinder decision.
This was my first though as soon as there was talk about re-doing it in the summer. He's already top-3 in Rögle d-men scoring with about 14 minutes of average ice time vs 19-21 for the other top-4 guys.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This was my first though as soon as there was talk about re-doing it in the summer. He's already top-3 in Rögle d-men scoring with about 14 minutes of average ice time vs 19-21 for the other top-4 guys.

Wallinder will turn 20 before August, can he represent?

What are the rules for the new tournament?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Wallinder will turn 20 before August, can he represent?

What are the rules for the new tournament?
Here's one quote: "Tardif said the rescheduled event will be made up of the same rosters countries had in December, even if players turn 20 before the start of the tournament."
IIHF reschedules world junior event to August 2022 - TSN.ca

But I think it's unrealistic to expect every player will be available. For example Edvinsson could very well be in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad