World Juniors 2021 Discussion Thread

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's not really that big a deal. If you like the hockey, watch it. If you don't, go do something else. These kids seem to be loving playing for their country, whether it's the powerhouse Canadians or the underdog Austrians. The more exposure and opportunity that lower-ranked teams get, the more they will grow and learn.

That said... Finland with the 3-2 come-from-behind win over the Swedes this afternoon. Now, onto Canada/Czech and USA/Slovakia tonight.

Reactions: Otto and Finster8

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Maybe just post what the "positive" thing was? I don't know. It would save a lot of confusion.

Canada up 2-0 late first period. Czechs aren't playing bad, either.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
From what I've see so far through this tournament Team Canada has had probably the best tournament I've seen in years.

Whatever coach Tourigny has brought to team Canada the team has bought into this year even with injuries and line juggling the every player has stepped into his role very nicely. I've watched this tournament for decades, and it's been a long time since I've seen a team Canada with a defense that matches their offense side of the game like this one. If Canada continues with this momentum they may not be stopped on their way to gold.

I will say one thing though playing in a weaker pool does have its advantages though an by no means that the rest of the tournament will be a cakewalk for Canada but from what I've seen so far Canada is playing their best possible hockey they can and it shows in the results at the end of the game.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's kind of amazing that people still think the tournament is all about wins/losses. Those are big but the opportunity to grow the game, to showcase the kids from outside of the major countries, and maybe find that diamond in the rough... that's huge. As long as the players want to come and play, keep bringing them.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It's kind of amazing that people still think the tournament is all about wins/losses. Those are big but the opportunity to grow the game, to showcase the kids from outside of the major countries, and maybe find that diamond in the rough... that's huge. As long as the players want to come and play, keep bringing them.

There always different interpretations....

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

It is much like the Olympics. Vast majority go to compete and do their personal best. They know they can't win. They use the experience to enrich their lives.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Well that should stop the clowns on TSN from talking about this being the best team ever for Canada...... Embarrassing.

Reactions: EvenSteven

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team Canada needs to go back to the drawing board.

Whatever they're using for a tactic isn't working hopefully 2021-22 World Juniors are a better showing.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Team Canada began shedding game rust with a 16-2 win over beleaguered Germany at the world Junior hockey championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad