World Juniors 2021 Discussion Thread

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As the World Juniors is fast approaching and the 11 remaining OHLers in camp thought this would be a good time to throw a discussion thread on the board for posters to share their thoughts on the OHLers and the rest of team Canada's World Juniors 2021 from Edmonton, Alberta.

OHLers remaining in camp that have a chance to represent Canada are as follows

Drysdale, Jamie - Erie Otters
Harley, Thomas - Mississauga Steelheads
O' Rourke, Ryan - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Sebrango, Donovan - Kitchener Rangers
Byfield, Quinton - Sudbury Wolves
Clarke, Graeme - Ottawa 67's
McMichael, Connor - London Knights
Perfetti, Cole - Saginaw Spirit
Rees, Jamieson - Sarnia Sting
Suzuki, Ryan - Saginaw Spirit
Tomasino, Phil - Niagara IceDogs

Recently released from team Canada's camp 2020-21

Brochu, Brett - London Knights
Lennox, Tristan - Saginaw Spirit
Foerster, Tyson - Barrie Colts
Schwindt, Cole - Mississauga Steelheads
Wright, Shane - Kingston Frontenacs

With team Canada's Preliminary schedule released already (Listed below)
https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/t...d-championship/stats/schedule?tournament=true

This will be a great thread to fill the void of the absence of the OHL season until it returns and chat about the OHLers on team Canada.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Drysdale, Harley, Byfield, McMichael, Perfetti are all locks IMO. Clarke, Tomasino, Rees, Suzuki, Quinn are all in the mix. O’Rourke and Sebrango are long shots too I’d imagine (to be in the top 6 anyways) with how deep the D core is, but they’re only cutting 3 more on the back end so anything could happen.

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
The team is extremely deep this year. All 14 forwards are 1st round NHL draft picks and 6 of 8 D are also 1st rounders. 20 1st round picks on 1 team. 2 of them are going to have to be healthy scratches. very exciting tournament ahead of us.

Reactions: rangersblues

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Looked like a injury that would take him out of tournament. Though some didn't belive it possible.

I was assuming you realized that nobody in the world "didn't believe it possible" but just that if he wasn't playing in Edmonton with the WJ, he'd be playing somewhere else getting ready for NHL camp. But I'm starting to realize assuming that you realize something that is common sense is asking way too much of you....

Reactions: Otto and OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I was assuming you realized that nobody in the world "didn't believe it possible" but just that if he wasn't playing in Edmonton with the WJ, he'd be playing somewhere else getting ready for NHL camp. But I'm starting to realize assuming that you realize something that is common sense is asking way too much of you....

Well that is your opinion.
Will take it with a grain of salt. Haha

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Saw a odd thing in the word jr USA vs. Czech Republic game. The Czech Republic got a Delay of game call after being scored on by team USA and changing their tender now I don't know all the IIHF rules but is there such a rule for the World Juniors???

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Saw a odd thing in the word jr USA vs. Czech Republic game. The Czech Republic got a Delay of game call after being scored on by team USA and changing their tender now I don't know all the IIHF rules but is there such a rule for the World Juniors???
Did anyone put the puck out of play after the goal was scored?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

I didn't see anyone flip the puck out of play so I'm not sure but that the goalie was going to change from the starter to backup and as he was going off after the opposition scored he got to the bench and was called for delay of game call so unless he was told to hurry up there was no indication that changing a goalie was a delay of game call unless the official didn't see the switch but it was pretty obvious of the change so.

As for the Canada vs. Swiss game team Canada really showed there offensive muscles and showed there defensive side no also limiting the Swiss shot chances but taking away those 2nd and 3rd chances in a 10-0 blowout game.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Nope. It was delay of game because CZE didn't try to change goalies right after the goal, they went to do it after the next whistle, which was an icing. And you can't change the line that was on during an icing, even the goalie, so they got a delay of game penalty for sending Malik out there and slowing the game down so the ref couldn't drop the puck after the icing.

USA scored on the powerplay and won 7-0 instead of 6-0 in a game where the over/under was 6.5. Yes I'm just mad because I had the under....

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Nope. It was delay of game because CZE didn't try to change goalies right after the goal, they went to do it after the next whistle, which was an icing. And you can't change the line that was on during an icing, even the goalie, so they got a delay of game penalty for sending Malik out there and slowing the game down so the ref couldn't drop the puck after the icing.

USA scored on the powerplay and won 7-0 instead of 6-0 in a game where the over/under was 6.5. Yes I'm just mad because I had the under....

Makes perfect sense. Sorry for your loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad