World Cup TV in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKoosh2

Sep 2, 2004
Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out...I'm currently in Sydney, Australia and have called about 8,000 sports bars looking for one w/ESPN2 or CBC showing world cup games and have yet to find anywhere showing it.

Anyone with info on where to maybe watch a game in Australia would be greatly appreciated...

Grandma Shark

Jan 10, 2004
SAN JOSE<South Bay> IN CA
g'day! I have young friends in Melbourne AU who are in the same predictiment as you. They LOVE our SJ SHARKS team and would really enjoy seeing our players represent their "home" countries. Let's hope that someone out there can help.......... :help:
[BTW....good Olympics for AU!!!!]

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
ZKoosh2 said:
Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out...I'm currently in Sydney, Australia and have called about 8,000 sports bars looking for one w/ESPN2 or CBC showing world cup games and have yet to find anywhere showing it.

Anyone with info on where to maybe watch a game in Australia would be greatly appreciated...
Hey, Zkoosh2.

Unfortunately, it appears Australian television will not be broadcasting the World Cup. I'm fortunate enough to have ESPN, but we get a selection of programs from ESPN1 and ESPN2 and with the NFL season and European football leagues respective seasons getting underway and with MLB reaching the critical stages of its regular season, I suppose its been decided that other sports should take precendence. Maybe this will change for the finals, I'd planned to contact my service provider to find out, but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

I thought we'd get it for sure, myself. We got the NHL Awards show and the Draft, but for some reason no World Cup.

championhabs

May 27, 2003
Visit site
G'Day Mate. I lived in Australia last year and I watched the playoffs in Pentrith. It is about an hour out for Central Sydney. I watched the game at the rugby leauge club called Panthers.

Muzza

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2004
Certainly is unfortunate that the World Cup can't crack the screens here. Maybe SBS will come to the party and show the Final/Semis like they did for the World Championships a few months ago.

As an aside how about a roll call of all the Aussie fans here at HF;

To kick it off - I'm Mario from Melbourne

ZKoosh2

Sep 2, 2004
Thanks all of you for your responses. I'm actually not from Australia but from New Jersey. I'm just studying here in Sydney for the next few months. But I have actually met a bunch of hockey fans down here and there are some ice rinks around, but no TV coverage...

If anyone runs across any more info about the subject please pass it on...I'm actually going to be in the Brisbane/Gold Coast/Byron Bay area for the elimination rounds so if anyone knows where to watch the games in those areas either that would be helpful.

I have resorted to trying to find webcasts of the games, but was unable to find a Russia/USA broadcast this morning. Does anyone know where to get the USA games on radio?

Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed...a freind of mine called the Canadian embassy here and even they couldn't help us, haha...

Lets go USA, Lets go Devils...

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
This is probably wrong but I remember hearing once from a pal that Australia and New Zeland had a game with the Aussies pounding the Kiwi eaters 49-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->