World Cup SF: Sep 11 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Fish on The Sand said:
he sucked in the nhl, but he is a great player, make no mistake about it.

Great players don't suck at the highest level, they excel at it, it is what makes them great. Dopita sucked, don't call him a great player, or even a good one. He had little heart and whatever talent he does have--and I'm sure he is quite talented, a lot of teams have had his rights, and he's been a big time player in Europe--he showed only sparingly.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
wow
what a game
very very entertaining
czechs overall look more organized
great pressure, canadians can't organize themselves
richards, st.louis line is completely shutdown
heatly's line quite feisty
gotta love lemieux line, but the czech dee is doing their job

and what's up with the no call on that cross-check ?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I've never seen Lemieux be so physical. He's throwing his body around.

EDIT : since the beginning of this tournament

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Dr Love said:
Great players don't suck at the highest level, they excel at it, it is what makes them great. Dopita sucked, don't call him a great player, or even a good one. He had little heart and whatever talent he does have--and I'm sure he is quite talented, a lot of teams have had his rights, and he's been a big time player in Europe--he showed only sparingly.
he came into the nhl when he was old and never was used properly to adjust. Your an ignorant fool if you think he sucks.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Jagr makes Draper look like a pylon, then shoots it into Luongo's chest...

edit- Great, great save by Vokoun :handclap:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I dunno if it's the ice or what, but if Canada keeps giving the puck away like they did in the first, this game won't be scoreless for long.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
it's getting scary....the Czechs are playing well and they look very focused. Hopefully Canada can pull through here and get the win for Marty.
Who will be the hero for the Canadians tonight? And it would be rude of me to not to include Paulina Gretzky in this post, looks like she is ripening very nicely.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Very entertaining period. The Czechs game plan is working perfectly so far them.
Couple of nice saves by both Vokoun och Luongo.
Looking forward to the 2nd period.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
agree, awesome game
however, czechs are quite scary, they control puck much like russians, and you could see their superiority in that department. passing is much better as well
and they are getting quite physical when it's necessary

gotta say, czechs impressed me a lot.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
The Czechs are playing extremely smart. Canada is making some of the same mistakes that Sweden made, even though they're not playing as abysmal. But the Czechs exploit it immediately and if Canada doesn't smarten up the Czechs will own this one.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Scott Hannan was terrible in the first period, he was good for two bad plays per shift. I haven't seen a performance that bad since Hatcher in last years playoffs.

Luongo has looked good, although Brodeur's puck handleing abilities are definitely missed. The Czech's forecheck is very effective and Brodeur would have been a deterent against that kind of pressure.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Fish on The Sand said:
he came into the nhl when he was old and never was used properly to adjust. Your an ignorant fool if you think he sucks.

:shakehead Thanks for your wisdom. The guy has 33 career points. 33. Is that the mark of a great player? And don't give me "he wasn't used properly," when he was with the Flyers he was given plenty of opportunity. He was used on the PP, the Flyers had injuries on the wing and at center all year long and he couldn't capitalize on his chances, save for a game against Atlanta where he scored 4 of his 11 goals that season. He had his chance, and he failed. He was moved to Edmonton, where he had his chance as the second line center, mustered 6 points in 21 games, and IIRC then asked for a release because his heart wasn't in it (or if I do not recall correctly, was simply outright released). And if he is a 'great player' as you so claim, he would not have struggled with the change over from Europe to NA, because that's another mark of greatness. So please, don't call him great, because he has shown nothing to indicate that he is a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->