World Cup SF: Sep 10 GDT - USA vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Wow. And to think Gomez almost didn't make this World Cup USA team.

Even if the US wins, they are up against something else in the final...most likely playing Canada. But even if they play Czech Republic, they are in trouble.

DevMod9

lux_interior said:
Wow. And to think Gomez almost didn't make this World Cup USA team.

Even if the US wins, they are up against something else in the final...most likely playing Canada. But even if they play Czech Republic, they are in trouble.

If they can play defense like they are tonight they can beat anyone including Canada. Thats why they play the games.

SopelFan*

Nice dive Drury. Atleast you can still contribute somehow, even if it isn't scoring clutch goals anymore.

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
DevMod9 said:
If they can play defense like they are tonight they can beat anyone including Canada. Thats why they play the games.
They are playing good d tonite. But playing D against the Fins is a lot different from playing D against Canada or Czech, with all the firepower they have.

DevMod9

lux_interior said:
They are playing good d tonite. But playing D against the Fins is a lot different from playing D against Canada or Czech, with all the firepower they have.

The key is penalties. Canada's power play is lethal. I think the U.S. matches up well even strength. Its the special teams where Canada is really special.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I think the game is over now. I just can't see Finland producing any kind of offence here in the 3rd period. Shutout for Esche (although he might not have to work hard for it)

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Rob said:
I think the game is over now. I just can't see Finland producing any kind of offence here in the 3rd period. Shutout for Esche (although he might not have to work hard for it)

Waaaay to early for this kind of talk.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Rob said:

I was about to say I agree with you but..1-1. Jokinen :bow: :bow:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Ok so we're tied. Time for Captain Courageous to make a difference. He's been in the right spots so far but has not made out the most out of his opportunities. Go Koivu Go !

SopelFan*

Jarkko Ruutu is sure pissing everyone off tonight. Picking good targets in Guerin and Tkachuk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad