World Cup: Sep 5 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
EroCaps said:
I didn't see that.
Not sure it was on purpose. I think he was disoriented on his whereabouts on the ice after sliding down it on his knee.

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
Ovetchkin played great. Threw some hits, got into a few scrums, scored a beauty goal and got a few chances. I think its safe to say he'll be in the line-up for Russia against the US.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
First of all I'd like to ask people to never mention the World Championship on this board again. Slovakia's 0-3 record I think proves that they're not in the top 2-3 hockey countries, not even the top 6. But I really wish them best for their quarterfinal matchup against Canada.

As for Russia ... they didn't show much in this game. Kovalchuk must really do something because Ovechkin is already outscoring him in this tournament. The defense makes big mistakes. There were not a lot of scoring chances. Basically the Russians gave me the impression that they were not 100% in the game.

Well, the USA-Russia matchup will be very hard to win!

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
wilka91 said:
First of all I'd like to ask people to never mention the World Championship on this board again. Slovakia's 0-3 record I think proves that they're not in the top 2-3 hockey countries, not even the top 6. But I really wish them best for their quarterfinal matchup against Canada.

As for Russia ... they didn't show much in this game. Kovalchuk must really do something because Ovechkin is already outscoring him in this tournament. The defense makes big mistakes. There were not a lot of scoring chances. Basically the Russians gave me the impression that they were not 100% in the game.

Well, the USA-Russia matchup will be very hard to win!

I think Russia is more talented than people are letting them on to be. Ovechkin played great today. Kovalev is playing great. Yashin played alot better today.
Bryzgalov is playing good in everygame he's played in so far. Zubrus is also looked pretty good whenever i've watched him as well, very underrated player.

If Canada doesn't win the tournament im hoping Russia does.

bizzz*

Markov will be scratched against USA. He has made too many mistakes in 2 games, I've seen enough. And I would prefer to see Vishnevsky or Volchenkov instead of Tverdovsky.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
littleHossa said:
Ovechkin got interviewed on the french channel, he was happy that he was playing and even happier with his goal. He looks really charismatic.

French channel??? They're showing the tournament in France? :eek:

Why the hell did I move to Prague for the tournament then??? :cry:

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
wilka91 said:
French channel??? They're showing the tournament in France? :eek:

Why the hell did I move to Prague for the tournament then??? :cry:
lol, the french CBC, Radio Canada. They made a joke about how Ovechkin after 1 week in North America was already speaking better english than A. Markov ever did in 6 years.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
bizoncol said:
Markov will be scratched against USA. He has made too many mistakes in 2 games, I've seen enough. And I would prefer to see Vishnevsky or Volchenkov instead of Tverdovsky.

I've seen Kasparaitis a lot of times when the team allowed stupid goals, I mean when Kasparaitis is doing the right thing but is just unlucky. Lack of luck!

Volchenkov should definetly be in the lineup against the US, his physical game can prove to be vary valuable! :handclap:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
littleHossa said:
lol, the french CBC, Radio Canada. They made a joke about how Ovechkin after 1 week in North America was already speaking better english than A. Markov ever did in 6 years.

Oh, cool then. I was right to come here! :D :banana:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Did anyone see that Mike Keenan interview on CBC? I just caught part of his it. I walked in with him talking about why he was fired in St.Louis.... something about a trade involving Gonchar, Zednik and Allison (Wash) and Hull from STL. What was the full story?

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Did anyone see that Mike Keenan interview on CBC? I just caught part of his it. I walked in with him talking about why he was fired in St.Louis.... something about a trade involving Gonchar, Zednik and Allison (Wash) and Hull from STL. What was the full story?
He ruined the Blues during his tenure there, that's unprofetional to lay blame on the owners and say there was only 1 incident which caused his firing.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
re

Boomhower said:

He SAID (not sure if it's true) that ownership wanted him to trade Shanahan, Hull, and MacInnis. However wise Keenan knew the fans would absolutely go crazy if they did that, and the ownership realized that after the fans reacted when they traded Shanahan. So the deal they had for Hull (Zednik, Gonchar, and Allison) fell through because of it and Kennan was fired for not making the trade.

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
Really great game to watch. I love watching the Russians, they're so skilled. Datsyuk is probably my favourite player to watch, the way he stickhandles just blows my mind. Kovalev is also amazing when he wants to be.

Needless to say I was impressed with Ovechkin, first time I've seen him play. Beauty goal, nice moves, good attitude.

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
Knucklez said:
Really great game to watch. I love watching the Russians, they're so skilled. Datsyuk is probably my favourite player to watch, the way he stickhandles just blows my mind. Kovalev is also amazing when he wants to be.

Needless to say I was impressed with Ovechkin, first time I've seen him play. Beauty goal, nice moves, good attitude.

Yep. I think so too.

Anyone see Kasparaitus (sp?) throughout that game. Hahahaha! I love that guy. Him and all his antics are great.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I really like the comments on the pictures @ Yahoo.com :

"Russia's Darius Kasparaitis (11) and goalie Oleg Tverdovsky watch as Slovakia's Marian Hossa scores during first period action at the World Cup of Hockey in Toronto, Sunday Sept. 5, 2004."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad