World Cup: Sep 5 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

how about frolov - this kid is gonna be awesome. WOW, big, strong and drives to the net hard.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I would like to point out that Russia is playing bad today, maybe even terribly bad. No intensity in the game, not very creative in front of the net.

Only 2 positive things though :

- they're leading 3-1
- Bryzgalov reaffirms his status as the no. 1 goalie on the team

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Steveorama said:
I believe that if Slovakia wins by 3 or more goals, Canada will get Russia in the Quarter Final. Any other result and Canada gets the Slovaks.
I don't BELIEVE it is possible for Canada to play the US in the quarters.

I thought the first tiebreaker was head to head?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
wilka91 said:
I would like to point out that Russia is playing bad today, maybe even terribly bad. No intensity in the game, not very creative in front of the net.

Only 2 positive things though :

- they're leading 3-1
- Bryzgalov reaffirms his status as the no. 1 goalie on the team
Indeed...

Frolov was Russias best player in the first, Zubrus in the second.

The Datsyuk, Kovalchuk and Afinogenov line is constantly making one too many passes.

Russias defense has done a good job keeping the Slovaks to the outside of the rink however.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

maybe this was covered in a previous thread, but why did Satan and Hossa flip-flop the #'s 18 & 81?

(thanks for the link, Lehtonen)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
EroCaps said:
Roofs it w/the backhand and picks a fight w/Satan. :yo:
More like Satan picks a fight with him for pointing to the Slovaks after the goal.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Anyone else watching on ESPN Broadband still laughing about how Brian Hayward is still saying how Visnovsky left Ovechkin all alone. When Vis was chasing the other player down on the 2-1 and 2 Slovak members just let Ovechkin in. Nice goal by Ovechkin great shot.

Hayward Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->