World Cup: Sep 4 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
gib said:
......Anyway what is the most important I am expectin a great game where both teams give their heart and soul for it. Now I stop being a cry baby, because of the selections Summanen maid and just enjoy the game! :)
Go Finland! Go Sweden! :D May the better team win!
Hear, hear!
One of the best hockey rivalries - I can't wait!

And then after this game, Russia vs. Canada ... this is Saturday night (and day for myself) hockey.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
It's stupid to scratch Ragnarsson IMO, one of our three pysichal defensemen, along with Norström and Öhlund. Tärnström and Norström his however a good pairing if Tärnström is gonna play, even if (as I've said from the beginning) it would've been better with Norström/Lidström and Ragnarsson/Johnsson. Now Lidström has to be a kind of dad for Johnsson when he joins the rush, he doesn't get the room to play his offensive play. I'd say scratch Tjärnqvist (who currently is #6, and Ragnarsson #5 IMO) and play Lidström/Ragnarsson, Öhlund/Johnsson, Tärnström/Norström.

BTW, Öhlund really is playing well. He was lost sometimes when he played in the Olympics and some World Championships, but now he is solid as a rock. And he hits, often and hard. He surely is a better fit in the smaller rinks. He also joins the rush a lot, nice to see!

unt

Aug 28, 2004
Sweden
mattihp said:
Well... If we get a late lead, we have to hope that Mats Sundin doesn't take care of the scared bunnyrabbit Hardy turns into.
I don't understand what you mean. Hardy used to be called "HÃ¥rde" Hardy as a player. HÃ¥rde means hard in swedish. He supposedly gave 100% every minute no matter what the score was and demanded the same from his team mates. Someone else might know more and could elaborate?

kjri

Mar 18, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I like Summanen's move. Sweden's power play has been deadly and it is good to see J.Ruutu on the bench. Laaksonen is a good penalty killer and brings more speed to the lineup.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Six and a half years is too long a period between these games. Even the Scepter of the North received from Nagano isn't that much fun anymore. It's time to get it updated.

It's great that the previous games worked out the way they did: a fairly neutral meeting in the exhibition, now a battle on the top with a notable reward too. It's also fitting that the reigning winner takes the prize in case of a tie.

No excuses, no mercy, defeat is not an option. Say a prayer on your goalie and cry havoc, let there be hockey!

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Laituri said:
Six and a half years is too long a period between these games. Even the Scepter of the North received from Nagano isn't that much fun anymore. It's time to get it updated.

It's great that the previous games worked out the way they did: a fairly neutral meeting in the exhibition, now a battle on the top with a notable reward too. It's also fitting that the reigning winner takes the prize in case of a tie.

No excuses, no mercy, defeat is not an option. Say a prayer on your goalie and cry havoc, let there be hockey!

:handclap:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
As much as I would love Finland to win this one, I think Sweden is too deep for the finns to take this one. But if Finland is to win, it will take a superhuman effort from Kipper, and a strong showing of the first line Lehtinen-Koivu-Selanne.

GO FINLAND GO !

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I predict 3-2 Finland.

I think that they will be able to hold on in the last few minutes of the games, but that the Swedes will have had an incredible amount of chances to tie it.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
One of the classic rivalries, this game is going to be better than the final in my book. At least it has a lot of emotion in it. Sundin is the guy finnish players want disturb causing his play to unreliable. Of course it is very hard to do that to him. Sundin is the most important single player to Sweden imo. Watch him closely or lose the game.

I still would have let Nemo and J.Ruutu play in this game. We would gave needed guys like that. The kind of guys who agitate the opposition. Nemo isn't totally clueless with the puck either. Well, I guess Summanen has his reasons.

In these games everything can happen and it ain't over until the time runs out.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
gib said:
5-6................to Finland! :lol:

What a great evening ahed. First Finland-Sweden :jump: then Canada-Russia :banana: :D This is hockey baybe! :yo:
This will be the first day when both games are really competitive, now that Russia has proved themselves as contenders, now that Germany is done and Slovakia isnt playing.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Pepper said:
Then play likes of Eloranta and Koivu instead of Ruutu and Nieminen who are absolutely required to give Sweden's superoffense something else to think about??

I'm not suprised.

Ruutu took stupid penalties against Germany and so did Nieminen at exhibition game.

I predict 3-0 Finland. Go Kipper :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad