World Cup: Sep 3 GDT - Slovakia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
flyers guy said:
Not sure what everyone's *****ing about, it was a perfectly legal goal. I don't know what they showed in Canada, but they showed it about 20 times at a ton of different angles and Blake did nothing wrong. It was strange, but perfectly legal.
The puck was on top of his glove near his wrist... he flicked his wrist down...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hey 'thorspartak', would it be too much of a hassle if you wrote underneath the quatation? Your posts would be a little easier to read then.

SopelFan*

Man, I knew the game was at the Xcel Energy Centre, but I didn't know we were watching a Minnesota Wild game.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Holy flashback! That goal Guerin just got is almost identical to one he got a few years ago for the Oilers against Hasek and the Sabres.

It's pretty weird that I remember that, actually.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Fun game to watch, glad I watched it.

Chara was driving a bunch of Americans crazy tonight: Weight, Tkachuk and Guerin come to mind.

Guerins goal was lovely.

Good hits, nice goals and some chippiness made it a good game to watch.

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
Lets keep the Devils, oops I mean the U.S. team the same. I thought the addition of some of the younger players added some much needed life to the squad. I no I'm a Gopher homer, but man Martin impresses me with how cool he is even if he makes a mistake.

Wilson, keep Weinrich on the bench and keep Martin and Rafalski as a d-pairing.

Go USA :yo:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
A much better effort tonight. The "new" guys helped, and everyone competed. The U.S. will have to continue to play this way to have a chance. Very impressed by Paul Martin, he plays beyond his years.

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
Dan Galvin said:
It's about time we see that kind of effort. I agree with keeping Martin and Rafalski in there. Nice game by Dipietro as well. Made some tough saves. I hope Hull has some fire in his a#@ when he gets back in there next week.

I'll be there Tuesday. Now I just have to hope Canada beats Russia, man thats going to hurt....cheer for Canada (jk), so the US can play at home.

As far as Hull goes, even if he doesn't play well; I will be entertained by his flailing one timers.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I noticed this line over at SLAM: "The Slovaks, who didn't mount much offence in a 5-1 loss to Canada, remained as cautious as a heterosexual in a gay bar." Yikes! :lol

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
Rabid Ranger said:
I noticed this line over at SLAM: "The Slovaks, who didn't mount much offence in a 5-1 loss to Canada, remained as cautious as a heterosexual in a gay bar." Yikes! :lol

Man, that would never fly here in Minnesota. That is funny as hell :lol:

tml_4ever

It's Chaotic
May 24, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
God, slovakia, what were your D-men doing when americans scored. The goalie was the only thing that prevented this game from going 3-1 to 7-1...

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
eSabre said:
Because Satan's personal preference is #18, and he has seniority over Hossa, forcing Hossa to pick another number.

Is there a reason he doesn't wear 18 in Buffalo? (somebody else has it or retired?)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
that blake goal looked legal to me...didn't kick it in, didn't knock it in with his hand...it just hit him and bounced into the net with him. and if the slovak player hadn't tripped him, it would haven't happened like that anyways...course if he hadn't tripped him, blake would have just had a wide open net to shoot at anyways. either way, it's most likely a goal.

in general...US played a pretty good game...physical game, they successfully nullified slovakia's speed, and basically dominated the whole game...but they gotta put the puck in the net a little more i think and their big guns gotta step it up. tkachuck, modano, guerin etc were invisible for most of the game and to beat teams like canada, i just don't think they can do that. the US needs more out of them...the best line was the drury, blake, gomez leave, easily...but that's not gonna be enough to beat the really good teams

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
eSabre said:
Because Satan's personal preference is #18, and he has seniority over Hossa, forcing Hossa to pick another number.

Actually, Satan has another preferred number, but they don't allow 3 digit numbers in the NHL.

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
policegopher said:
Lets keep the Devils, oops I mean the U.S. team the same. I thought the addition of some of the younger players added some much needed life to the squad. I no I'm a Gopher homer, but man Martin impresses me with how cool he is even if he makes a mistake.

Wilson, keep Weinrich on the bench and keep Martin and Rafalski as a d-pairing.

Go USA :yo:

i know it won't happen but i wouldn't mind seeing dipietro and blake play out the rest of the series. I think it's a good move they finally put Langenbrunier in. As for Dipi, it's wierd it seems whenever he is in net the team plays better infront of him then when they do with Esche(in his 3 periods of exhibition and this game he wasn't really as challenged as Esche was in his 3 periods of exhibition and 2 games)

High flyin' Habs*

The Americans had tons of chances to make it rout with all those missed chances, great job by Dippi.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
This was a much weaker opponent than the other two. I just don't see the USA playing together for significant streches. It's like they are a bunch of individuals out there who are skating together for the first time. Not enough practice maybe?
I am not impressed at all!

Hope that changes soon or they won't be around for the finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->