Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
go kim johnsson said:
Score.

They'll be good getting chances because the Slovaks only have 2 defensemen, and no goaltending. USA should win 5-2.

People think Slovakia will walk all over the USA? Sorry, I'm a big fan of Slovaks, but that's not going to happen, they will have to score at least 4 goals to win any game because they are such a one-dimensional team...

:dunno: But you think the Americans will walk over them?

Not saying it can't happen but the US has looked very poor thus far.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
go kim johnsson said:
Score.

They'll be good getting chances because the Slovaks only have 2 defensemen, and no goaltending. USA should win 5-2.

People think Slovakia will walk all over the USA? Sorry, I'm a big fan of Slovaks, but that's not going to happen, they will have to score at least 4 goals to win any game because they are such a one-dimensional team...

i've followed the slovak (czechoslovakia before) hockey since i was was 8-10.
i haven't seen such a poor game like that played against canada for years now.
there is no question that this team is capable of much more than they showed so far. slovakia has a great team and their best coach in its short history so far. i'm sure that necessary has been said and we'll see different team slovakia as turnament goes on.
slovakia takes the win tonight :teach:

go slovakia go! :yo: :yo: :yo:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
e-e said:
i've followed the slovak (czechoslovakia before) hockey since i was was 8-10.
i haven't seen such a poor game like that played against canada for years now.
there is no question that this team is capable of much more than they showed so far. slovakia has a great team and their best coach in its short history so far. i'm sure that necessary has been said and we'll see different team slovakia as turnament goes on.
slovakia takes the win tonight :teach:

go slovakia go!
I'm with you go slovakia go! :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I actually don't think Slovakia played THAT badly against Canada on Wednesday night. Yeah they had horrible defensive miscues which almost all wound up in the back of the net, but they skated pretty well throughout the game and I thought their effort was there. At least, that's what it looked like inside the Bell Centre.

The problem is depth. Of the top 7 nations, Slovakia is the one that can ill-afford to lose talent: They've lost 4 big pieces (Palffy, Handzus, Bondra and Majesky) and missed Zednik in the opener. That really hurts.

However, if Zednik is back tonight, it will help the cause. Also, I'm not sure why Ronald Petrovicky was not dressed against Canada but they SHOULD play him against the Americans. The lack of discipline showed by the likes of Guerin and Tkachuk could play right into Petrovicky's hands. He is as good as they come at agitating the opposition.

Should be a great game. I expect a LOT of goals tonight.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Jag68Vlady27 said:
I actually don't think Slovakia played THAT badly against Canada on Wednesday night. Yeah they had horrible defensive miscues which almost all wound up in the back of the net, but they skated pretty well throughout the game and I thought their effort was there. At least, that's what it looked like inside the Bell Centre.

The problem is depth. Of the top 7 nations, Slovakia is the one that can ill-afford to lose talent: They've lost 4 big pieces (Palffy, Handzus, Bondra and Majesky) and missed Zednik in the opener. That really hurts.

However, if Zednik is back tonight, it will help the cause. Also, I'm not sure why Ronald Petrovicky was not dressed against Canada but they SHOULD play him against the Americans. The lack of discipline showed by the likes of Guerin and Tkachuk could play right into Petrovicky's hands. He is as good as they come at agitating the opposition.

Should be a great game. I expect a LOT of goals tonight.
any news on Zed, is he game time decision for tonight?

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Kronblom said:
Because he walked straight off after the last game?

Maybe but I don't think Conroy or Rolston did that. There was at least 5 or 6 USA players that went straight off after the game. He should sit as many of them as possible IMO.

Tkachuk should get a seat in the pressbox for that crap at the end of the game last night.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
Garfield said:
OFF TOPIC:

Damn....... who is that in your avatar ?? She's smokin' !!

Yes she is :) I get this question all the time, she works for the Islanders---does promotions, talks with the fans during timeouts on the center ice screen, goes on ice in between periods for games, give aways etc...

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
Yes she is I get this question all the time, she works for the Islanders---does promotions, talks with the fans during timeouts on the center ice screen, goes on ice in between periods for games, give aways etc...

OMG I'm gonna switch to the Islanders now :D

mmmm...forget it Habs all the way baby!!!!!!! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->