World Cup: Sep 2 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

Kasparov said:
VSEM PRIVET!

GO RUSSSSSSSIA!!!!!!!!!! :handclap:

GO RUSSIA!!!! Im cheering for them when their not playing Canada, since I was born there.

High flyin' Habs*

But im sure the US wont lose in front of their home crowd :banghead: .

4-2 US. I hope Guerin gets his head knocked out off him by the russian hockey playing mafia!!!

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
big_steve said:
I'm gonna say the score will be 4-2 for the U.S. I just can't see the U.S. losing this one. I'd also like to note that I've gotten all my World Cup predictions right as of right now, so listen to my word, lol.

Goal Scorers:
U.S.A.- Brett Hull, Keith Tkachuk, Brian Leetch, Brian Rolston
Russia- Ilya Kovalchuk, Sergei Gonchar
you predicted that Ryan Smyth would score twice? Or you've just picked the winners?

Jovo Cop

:) ..actually i am just looking forward to a great game ..it always is when the US and Russia plays ..ime just hoping you guys beat each other up good . :innocent:

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Hope that Russia has at least some interest in this game, no more games like Can-Slo or Fin-CzeckRep.

USA - RUS 3-1

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I was very impressed with Esche on Tuesday night but the blue line was shredded by Canada's size and speed. The Russians are just as quick and more creative offensively. If the Americans stay out of the box, they should be able to win but I wouldn't want to give Russia open ice. On the other end, Team USA need to get out to a quick start and feed off the home crowd like Canada has been able to in their two victories. I have faith in the Minnesota fans, they'll rival the Canadian fans' spirit...should be a lot of fun tonight.

USA 3, Russia 2

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
Dudes.... does someone really think that Russia could win this one? All the best goalies refused to play. Their prepairing for this tournament went "päin persettä." I think it will go 4-1 to USA.

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
Hmmm tough choice for me...born in USSR, citizen of US :eek:

I think USA will win...Something like 4-1 or 4-2.

I will be rooting for Russia in every other game except this one... (Specially for Gonchar/Samsonov ;) .

GO USA!!!! GO RUSSIA!!!

To be honest with you...Russia could have much better team than it has ( by it's own choice) so I won't be terribly disappointed if Russia loses this one.

Telperiën

Nov 1, 2003
Galaxy Far Far Away
Russia I guess.

I was born in Montreal, but I'm half Russian from my mother's side. Plus, I favour Kovalchuk more than any player on the U.S. team.

3-2 Russia (hopefully).

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Russia doesn't have the kind of forwards that will pound the defense like Canada has. My guess is that Esche will have a clear view of every shot Russia takes, and if he plays the way he did against Canada Russia has big problems.

3-1 USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->