World Cup QF: Sep 8 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
So far, two of the three teams that have moved on to the semi's really stepped it up and played at a different level yesterday. It's not a new level scene to this tournament as Canada and Finland played at that level through the entire round robin. Finland took a step backwards after the Niinimaa incident.

So now it's up to Canada to either rise beyond the level they played at in the round robin or stay at that level and be in a dogfight in the final four.

They will not lose this game. They dominated Slovakia in the round robin and are far beyond the skill level of their opponent tonight. Broduer alone just doesn't give Canada a chance to lose this matchup. So what it comes down to for me is a completely dominating performance or just a routine win. I really hope they show that the ceiling is higher than what they've played at so far. I don't care if it's a two-goal game or a five-goal game, I just want to see Canada's level of play improve from the round robin.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I think this will be a little closer than people think, I'll go with a 4-2 Canada win, with Canada scoring an empty netter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oil_slick9416 said:
I hope Canada wins, but as much as i hate to say it, i can see the slovaks walking away with this game. it will be a tough tight checking game in which the slovaks will fall back on the trap and hopefully the candians will be able to beat that pesky trap. but I hope canada wins.

3-2 ot

If Slovakia has to fall back into a trap they will get lit up like a Christmas tree

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
I look for the big line of Sakic, Iginla and Lemieux to break out big time. It's a big game and they've been quiet. I think tonight's the night.

If you want to see something really enjoyable watch Brad Richards. I've loved watching this kid over the last week. He does it all. Maybe I'm to high on him but I can't help it.

Reilly311

Tito_Ortiz said:
They won't.

for the canadian posters sake on this board they better, cause if they do lose, you'll never hear the end of it from me.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Reilly311 said:
for the canadian posters sake on this board they better, cause if they do lose, you'll never hear the end of it from me.

I dont think we will hear the end of it from you regardless.

I've noticed that the "How many gold medals has Canada won between 1952-2002" complaint has been very popular with non-Canadian hockey fans since Feburary 24, 2002. :shakehead

Last edited:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Canada will win handily. Look for Gagne to put a couple in. And Brodeur is not the best goalie in this tournament or in Canada for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->