Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
e-e said:
...they have nothing to loss...

I think thats all the Slovaks have going for them over Canada. Everyone expects them to lose. Canada has all the pressure.

That being said though, Canada is playing great in every aspect of the game. There are no weak links. Every position of every line is top-notch. I dont see this game being close.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
deathbear said:
don't expect iginla on the first power play unit tonite. tsn is saying st. louis switched spots with him in practice.

Good, maybe now Iginla can play his game rather than have Mario & Sakic looking for him ALL THE TIME. Even when Iginla had 3 players hanging on him, they would still pass to him. Craig Conroy shoots more than Mario & Sakic. That should not be the case.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Put Iginla out with 2 other big bodies like Heatley and Thornton. Those guys can punish and score while Mario, Sakic, and St. Louis finese and score.

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I'd like to see Slovakia have a good game - in fact, I wouldn't be terribly upset if they won, though of course Canada is my first choice.

I just want Chara to have a good game, despite his hurt thumb, since he's played so crappily through the first few games. He seems to be the only one who cares on that team most of the time.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Reilly311 said:
:lol:

Slovakia could wake up at any moment. Slovakia played great against Canada in their pre-tournament game. Anything can happen. You're crazy if you think Canada can't lose. Slovakia has the players to win this game. They aren't Germany here (who, btw, almost upset Finland). Canadas defense is no where as good as it was at the start of this tournament.

i didn't say Canada can't lose. i just think its stupid when people reason that a team is "due for a bad game" for no reason other than they havn't had one yet. sure, some underachieving slovakians could suddenly explode on offense, but same could be said for Canada (lemieux, iginila, heatley, etc). since the pre-tourny games Canada has been on the upswing and Slovakia has been going in the other direction

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
Put Iginla out with 2 other big bodies like Heatley and Thornton.

That would be messing up 3 lines. Heatley, Vinnie and Smitty are a great line and shouldnt be broken up.

So will Iggy be with Richards and Gagne? St Louis and Richards were great together.

I say keep all the lines the same. Canada is unbeaten without their 1st line producing. It could also be that the opposing players are concentrating on the top line, which makes it easier on the other 3 lines. The top line is too good to not break out sometime. Just change the PP if need be.

Reilly311

arrbez said:
i didn't say Canada can't lose. i just think its stupid when people reason that a team is "due for a bad game" for no reason other than they havn't had one yet.

it happens. It could happen tonight. :D

It's not just canada playing bad. Slovakia could show up and the Canadians might not be ready for it.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
After a lazy and sloppy first period, The Canadians take control of the game and never look back.

1st Period:
Zednik scores (PP)

2nd Period:
Gaborik scores
Smyth scores
Iginla scores

3rd Period:
Heatley scores
Richards scores
Draper scores (en)

Final score: 5-2 Canada

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
If Canada loses tonight, and I suddenly disappear from these boards...

It's because the Prime Minister has called me off on an important mission.

Oil_slick9416*

I hope Canada wins, but as much as i hate to say it, i can see the slovaks walking away with this game. it will be a tough tight checking game in which the slovaks will fall back on the trap and hopefully the candians will be able to beat that pesky trap. but I hope canada wins.

3-2 ot

Vic Rattlehead*

Ott = Snott said:
Morrow scratched again I assume?
Can't really fix whats not broken. Morrow doesn't play as well as Draper does with Jumbo Joe and Doaner.

Vic Rattlehead*

MrMastodonFarm said:
Put Iginla out with 2 other big bodies like Heatley and Thornton. Those guys can punish and score while Mario, Sakic, and St. Louis finese and score.
I dunno, but I would keep the lines together. The Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley line is awesome, so is the Gagne-Richards-St.Louis line. Plus, Thornon is playing great with Draper and Doan, and have been a very good checking line

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
The Albino said:
If Canada loses tonight, and I suddenly disappear from these boards...

It's because the Prime Minister has called me off on an important mission.

What would that be ?? Operation Hell Freezing Over. Because that is what the whole country will feel like if Slovakia wins tonight. Oh, I can't even imagine losing tonight.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
I dunno, but I would keep the lines together. The Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley line is awesome, so is the Gagne-Richards-St.Louis line. Plus, Thornon is playing great with Draper and Doan, and have been a very good checking line

Yes, but you want your BEST players (Sakic, Iginla & Lemieux) playing at their best. If that means breaking up other lines, so be it. The goal is to have 4 lines clicking, not 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad