World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Poor effort by sweden in this game.Czechs deserve the win.The swedes should of been able to generate far more offense than they have.Credit to the Czech's for playing a very solid game.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
damn Forsberg is just such a lazy player...I thought he was the most DOMINANT player in the world...yet all he does is complain on the Power Play...ON THE POWER PLAY...who the freak complains on the Power Play?...NO ONE...you try to SCORE on the POWER PLAY...slug

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Zidlicky has been *really* impressive in this game and the tournament overall. I didn't see a lot of him last season, but he's been great so far. With him and Timonen, Nashville fans have a lot to look forward to. :handclap:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
^

Me and SNA were talking about it in the chat, and it's something I've thought for a few years.

Forsberg is indeed one of the laziest players I've seen. Now before all you Foppa lovers say "Look at all his points". I said he was lazy, but he's damn good.

When I watch him play, it's almost like a lightbulb will go off in his head every 10 shifts or so telling him to make something happen, and he will. But he's no where near the complete player people say he is.

I've thought for a while now, and his comments reassure it, his heart is not in the NHL anymore, and by after watching this tournament I wonder if he cares about Hockey anymore in general.

Last edited:

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Even germany played better than the Swedes in the quarter finals, just goes to show they cant get it done when it's all on the line!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Congrats Czech Fans! :handclap:

Excellent effort by the Czech Republic. More or less flawless defense and excellent offense + solid goaltending. Perfect.

As for Sweden.. we will be back in 10-20 years! :)

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
colonel_korn said:
Zidlicky has been *really* impressive in this game and the tournament overall. I didn't see a lot of him last season, but he's been great so far. With him and Timonen, Nashville fans have a lot to look forward to. :handclap:

It's good to see them both do well. Nashville may not have a lot of stars, but we have two of the best offensive Dmen in the game.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Forsberg's not lazy, he just has no patience. He gets frustrated so easily, which is why everyone he plays against makes it a point to try to get in his head. When he's off his game you can't say he's not trying, he just doesn't focus his energy in the right place.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
darkboy said:
Forsberg's not lazy, he just has no patience. He gets frustrated so easily, which is why everyone he plays against makes it a point to try to get in his head. When he's off his game you can't say he's not trying, he just doesn't focus his energy in the right place.

Then he can't be considered the games best if he's put off his game that easily. Other star players are subject to the same abuse.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
As for Sweden.. we will be back in 10-20 years! :)

IF we get our act together. Btw pred, I predicted a 7-1 win for Czech. I was pretty close..

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Reg Forsberg,
Has everyone forgot that Forsberg is more than one month behind all players in terms of practice? It was for a long time unsure if he'd even dress up for Sweden.
I would be surprised if he was able to even give 50%.

The player people should be concentrating on is Markus Näslund, if you have that urge to single out players.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Riddarn said:
IF we get our act together. Btw pred, I predicted a 7-1 win for Czech. I was pretty close..

I was just about to quote your prediction and give you a :handclap:
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad