World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Things are looking good for Sweden. They only need to score 4 goals. It shouldn't be impossible.

...oh wait, Czech is not the same as Finland... :help:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
cfrancis said:
nice, as much as I think the Czechs can be dangerous. I'm more scared of the swedes.

well, I think you should be more scared of the Czechs.
They are unrecognizable compared to early games in the tourney. Defense has looked really good so far, and they are constantly dangerous while entering the Swedish zone.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I didn't think I'd see worse coaching than Dave Lewis or Tony Granato this year, but man, I was wrong. Sweden's defense is terrible, and the only forwards that seem to be really doing anything are Forsberg, Sundin, Homer and Zetterberg.

I saw Naslund take a shot once, but I don't think it hit near Vokoun.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
well, I think you should be more scared of the Czechs.
They are unrecognizable compared to early games in the tourney. Defense has looked really good so far, and they are constantly dangerous while entering the Swedish zone.

Agreed. They also have more offensive tools than the swedish team despite all the big names in the swedish team. Also they are faster skaters than the swedes.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Well it's fair to say that the game is (almost) over.

I said it right from day 1 that the Czechs are one of the favorites, but it just took them some time to get accustomed to each other and set their lines.

Now, I don't understand that Sweden hasn't made the semifinals in the last 3 best-on-best tourneys (granted they will probably lose tonight)!!! Unbelievable, and very unprobable ... but still true.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
windowlicker said:
How has Tellqvist looked on the goals?

Not guilty! :teach:

Maybe he could have made something on the 1st, or 3rd goals, but it was on an odd-man rush so the defense is to blame, not the goalie!

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
The reffing looks horrible to me. Czechs are getting away with murderout there, countless times I seen high sticks, blatant interferences and takedowns. Yet no calls, I dont get it. Its taken Sweeden totally off their game.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SkateLikeTheWind said:
The reffing looks horrible to me. Czechs are getting away with murderout there, countless times I seen high sticks, blatant interferences and takedowns. Yet no calls, I dont get it. Its taken Sweeden totally off their game.

Czechs always defend with busy stcks and suspect holdings. Nothing new there, the swedish team should be prepared for it.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
SkateLikeTheWind said:

Maybe Sweden should also learn how to score 5-on-5, because so far, only their PP has been working well.

And by the way the refs did give Sweden a nice present with the Czechs' first penalty (too many men). :teach:

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
The chechs are playing perfectly. Most swedish players look tired or have no real go.

Chechs could come back strong in World Cup. I remember Canada playing bad the first three games the last World Cup(lost to Sweden 5-2 etc) and then they woke up and won the last three. I think that could happen for the Chechs.

One period left and 0-3, its over for Sweden this time. But Hardy is a horrible coach. He must be fired after this...

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
It's fun to look back at the frenzy caused by the Czechs resting key players in the early round now, after all no-one gets knocked out so what's the point blowing a gasket?!

still much can happen in 20 minutes!

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
The reffing looks horrible to me. Czechs are getting away with murderout there, countless times I seen high sticks, blatant interferences and takedowns.

That's NHL refereeing for ya.

Then people wonder why teams like Calgary make it to the finals.. and why the game looks more like football or wrestling than hockey. Years of big heads and fans saying: LET THEM PLAY to the refs.. now we see the result :)

Anthony*

wow what a sweet goal

2nd best of the tourny so far behind kovalevs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->