World Cup QF: Sep 6 GDT - Germany vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany will win tonight. It`s a matter of hours before those three other players that Aamulehti mentioned will refuse to play under Raimo Summanen`s command.

Team Finland is mentally shaken and will be defeated. After the game Raimo Summanen will strangle once again some innocent reporter who happen stand on his way.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Biggest concern for team Finland is that how can they handle this situation mentally. Niinimaa leaving, "easy" opponent....

If Finland is mentally ready this game is over after 1st period.

6-1 Finland.

Eds

Aug 22, 2004
Helsinki
If Niinimaa's leaving hasn't affected the team too much mentally, then 4-1...if it has, then this could get difficult. Niinimaa's efforts as a player won't be that much missed.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Eds said:
If Niinimaa's leaving hasn't affected the team too much mentally, then 4-1...if it has, then this could get difficult. Niinimaa's efforts as a player won't be that much missed.

If he's not that much missed then why was he in lineup every night?
Berg played 2 and sucked in both, so Väänänen in and he played well so we can assume Ossi's now a starter.

Berg or Pitkänen inplace of Niinimaa? If Pitkänens his equal (i agree he is over and above Niinimaa in terms of potential and future and maybe even now) but if Pitkänen only got 1 practice game and hasnt played yet, then whats the reason? That he is off-form? Out of shape? Summanen doesnt like him? (If thats the case, all the more reason to sack him)

I'll wager Pitkänen in, impresses, Finland wins 3-1, but only start playing in final period as team takes time to gather itself because of whats happened over weekend.

Damn, there I made the prediction, I was supposed to avoid thus cursing Finland by making predictions..

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Now it`s time for Summanen to show what he really can do! Can he motivate the players after Niimaa left? I don`t think shouting will this time make a difference vice versa. Has Summanen tools to get team play well without shouting to players? We`ll see...........

I predict team Finland plays lame game, do enough goals to win but nothing else. We wont see fighting lions tonight my friends........... :(

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
I think that Finland will play great and dominate the game, but since Germany will probably fight back hard and Kölzig is amazing in the net, Finland will only win 2-1 or 3-1. I just hope we don't see another Belarus-like upset since this is one of the most important tournaments for Finnish hockey so far.

Raipe

May 25, 2004
2-1 finland.After 2 periods it will be 1-1.Summanen wrestles with players in locker room,and they pull a victory.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Given the Niinima story, Finland doesn't seem to have it all together. They should pull off this one regardless.

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
FINLAND 4-0 GERMANY

Let's see how Summanen is acting through out the game. Is the same yelling going on, or will he keep it in the locker room. Did you guys see the ex-coach of Germany?? That guy was Insane!
When the game started he was like: :rant:
In 10 minutes: :mad:
2nd round: :mad:
3rd round: :mad:
end of the game: :thumbd:

High flyin' Habs*

Thorne said:
FINLAND 4-0 GERMANY

Let's see how Summanen is acting through out the game. Is the same yelling going on, or will he keep it in the locker room. Did you guys see the ex-coach of Germany?? That guy was Insane!
When the game started he was like: :rant:
In 10 minutes: :mad:
2nd round: :mad:
3rd round: :mad:
end of the game: :thumbd:
I wonder if Summanen is that bad why is Ninnima the only one that left?

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
smoothskater said:
That would be possible if you play Sweden's goalie insted of Kolzig :lol .

Kölzig has so far been the biggest rebound shower in the tournament.

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
smoothskater said:
I wonder if Summanen is that bad why is Ninnima the only one that left?
I really like Summanen. I think he might be even better than Aravirta. But you know...Summanen and Niinimaa have had somekind of problems before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad