World Cup Predictions

Glenn Middleton

Apr 29, 2017
I watched last year's WC on youtube and found most of the games exciting.

Finland were the break out team last year, and remember how the Czech Republic started like a bottle rocket, but soon faded.

I am a novice to the sport, but interested to know which teams are going to do well this year.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
The "World cup" is unlikely to held for another three years.

Perhaps you meant the "world championships?"

I know it seems a silly distinction but they are entirely different.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Do you mean the World Cup of Hockey that was played during September, or the World Championships that is regularly played in May?

I suspect you talk about the World Cup that was in Canada this past September, as there are all games on YouTube to watch. The next World Cup, as the only tournament with the best players now, is going to be played in 2020. :)

Anyway, it's good to see a new fan of this sport.

PS - may I ask what games did you like? :) and what you think of that tournament?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Do you mean the World Cup of Hockey that was played during September, or the World Championships that is regularly played in May?

I suspect you talk about the World Cup that was in Canada this past September, as there are all games on YouTube to watch. The next World Cup, as the only tournament with the best players now, is going to be played in 2020. :)

Anyway, it's good to see a new fan of this sport.

PS - may I ask what games did you like? :) and what you think of that tournament?

Judging by his comment that Finland was the breakout team and how the Czechs started strong, it seems like he is obviously talking about the IIHF tournament, not the joke gimmick tournament.

As for the question in the OP, this tournament is very difficult to predict. It is more wide open than top level tournaments. Expect Russia, Sweden, Canada, USA, Finland, Czech Republic to all be contenders to various degrees. Russia, Sweden and Canada are probably the most talented teams, but every team looks like it has a weakness in some area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad