World Cup of Hockey 2004 (Info, Schedule, Rosters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Sanderson, thanks (as always) for that info. I was about to ask about that...

What about Maxim Sushinsky for Russia? Same thing?

I noticed that Lecavalier is wearing #4 for Team Canada. I think that's totally lame and unclassy that Canada would give Rob Blake's number away to someone just because he's injured and can't play. He's still technically on the team, just not active... BOOOO Team Canada execs on that one.

Last edited:

Jazz

ES said:
I guess that Canada plays in Toronto and USA at St. Paul. If they meet each other the better will have a home match. (so if Canada is 2nd and USA 3rd, the match is at Toronto and if USA is 2nd and Canada 3rd the match is at St. Paul)....

Almost.

The US will play in St. Paul regardless of where they finish in the pool (even if it is against Canada - even if Canada is the higher seed).

This is because Canada get's the home game in the round-robin.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Great for Sturm! Where'd you hear that? Anyone know about any other captaincies/alternates for teams?

Anyone on Sushinsky?

Ironic... just two days ago I was saying to a friend that Mikko Koivu should have been named to Team Finland... now he is.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
The Sharks website is hinting that Nabokov may actually play in the World Cup for Russia after all...

chris_dub

Avoid Catalina...
Mar 4, 2003
Vancouver Island
www.youtube.com
This is the longest 9th inning in the history of 9th innings.

EDIT: Aww that was nice of SportsNet to break away from a 18-6 baseball game in teh top of 9 to show us HIGHLIGHTS of the hockey game..

ARrrgh!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Is it really a certainty that Canada will have home advantage in the QF if they meet USA? I remember reading when the schedule was announced that if the US or Canada faced off in the QF, USA would have home advantage - the reason being that Canada was given home advantage in their first meeting. Anyone else remember reading this?

Mountain Dude

Someone should try and go team by team showing the line combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad