World Cup in Saint Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Well seems like people going to Montreal and Toronto have a thread, so I thought that I would start a thread for people going to St Paul.

I'm coming down from Edmonton with a few friends, and we are going to attend USA-Slovakia and USA-Russia.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to stay, preferably near the X? Where is everyone else coming from? What's there to do in St Paul..?

JeSuisReine

Feb 21, 2004
I'm from St Paul, so I am not really traveling that far. I hope to go to some of the games, I just don't know which ones. My dad works for MN hockey and they have a suite, but I am not sure which games we are gonna get yet. Anyway, places to stay: there is a holiday inn right across the street from the Xcel. If it isn't booked already you should make reservations soon. If you are looking for a more "Nice" place to stay [and a little more spendy] the St Paul hotel would be good. Its where most teams stay when they come to MN. It is connected to the Xcel through the skyway system. West 7th Street [which leads straight to the Xcel has some good bars. For hockey atmosphere there is Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub [but the food isn't that great], and my favorite is McGoverns. They have awesome food....especially if you like turkey. [which I don't, but I like it there] There is also Cosettas for italian food, which I hear is good, but I have never been there. Also for hotels, if you don't want to be right downtown, [or can't get reservations] its pretty easy to get to the Xcel from most of the suburbs. Also, behind the Xcel, there is a really good sushi place. A lot of the wild players eat there and they have menu named after them. As for things to do in St Paul.......uhm.....besides the bars.......go to Minneapolis. ;) Better night life there. And I am not sure what you are all into, but there are some fun museums, if you got kids the children's museum, and the science museum are fun.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
the vikings have a preseason game around that time, but it's in seattle unfortunately. so you wont be able to watch randy moss destroy backup cornerbacks :(

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The Semis and Vikings home opener vs The Cowboys is on Sept. Long Week-end. I may go as I return from MTL on Sept. 2. There are bus trips from Wpg, $350.00 for hockey and football and 2 nights hotel !

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Bennysflyers16 said:
The Semis and Vikings home opener vs The Cowboys is on Sept. Long Week-end. I may go as I return from MTL on Sept. 2. There are bus trips from Wpg, $350.00 for hockey and football and 2 nights hotel !

now you're talking. is that $350 canadian or american?

Solak

Dec 24, 2003
Rochester, MN
Visit site
I am going to the U.S./Slovakia game but I wasn't able to get tickets for the U.S./Russia game. I really wanted to go to that game too. Does anyone know where I could get tickets without paying hundreds of dollars? I checked ebay and had no luck. Thanks.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Joe Solak said:
I am going to the U.S./Slovakia game but I wasn't able to get tickets for the U.S./Russia game. I really wanted to go to that game too. Does anyone know where I could get tickets without paying hundreds of dollars? I checked ebay and had no luck. Thanks.

Hey fellow Habs fan, how many tickets do you need? I have one extra ticket for both Russia and Slovakia games, because one of our friends can't make the trip. Let me know if you are interested. They are the $55 range, in the lower bowl behind the goals.

swinginutter*

Tricolore#20 said:
Well seems like people going to Montreal and Toronto have a thread, so I thought that I would start a thread for people going to St Paul.

I'm coming down from Edmonton with a few friends, and we are going to attend USA-Slovakia and USA-Russia.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to stay, preferably near the X? Where is everyone else coming from? What's there to do in St Paul..?

Love the avatar! Juventino forever!

I've asked the same questions on the Wild board and had one response. I know it's going to be fun, and I have tix for USA-Russia, and USA-Slovakia. I just wish that wanker Palffy would sign with LA already!

JeSuisReine said:
I'm from St Paul, so I am not really traveling that far. I hope to go to some of the games, I just don't know which ones. My dad works for MN hockey and they have a suite, but I am not sure which games we are gonna get yet. Anyway, places to stay: there is a holiday inn right across the street from the Xcel. If it isn't booked already you should make reservations soon. If you are looking for a more "Nice" place to stay [and a little more spendy] the St Paul hotel would be good. Its where most teams stay when they come to MN. It is connected to the Xcel through the skyway system. West 7th Street [which leads straight to the Xcel has some good bars. For hockey atmosphere there is Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub [but the food isn't that great], and my favorite is McGoverns. They have awesome food....especially if you like turkey. [which I don't, but I like it there] There is also Cosettas for italian food, which I hear is good, but I have never been there. Also for hotels, if you don't want to be right downtown, [or can't get reservations] its pretty easy to get to the Xcel from most of the suburbs. Also, behind the Xcel, there is a really good sushi place. A lot of the wild players eat there and they have menu named after them. As for things to do in St Paul.......uhm.....besides the bars.......go to Minneapolis. Better night life there. And I am not sure what you are all into, but there are some fun museums, if you got kids the children's museum, and the science museum are fun.

Thanks for the info. How far is Minneapolis from the Xcel? We might be staying there, and any info on bars, clubs, and strip joints would be helpful.....thanks!

JeSuisReine

Feb 21, 2004
swinginutter said:
Thanks for the info. How far is Minneapolis from the Xcel? We might be staying there, and any info on bars, clubs, and strip joints would be helpful.....thanks!
Not really far at all....just a few minutes I guess....sorta depends on what roads you need to take. Sorry, thats not helpful I know.

I can't really help you about bars in Minneapolis, I'm not of age yet, so I am not allowed in bars and stuff down there [they're more strict I guess] same with clubs, its not really my scene...but the quest is a big one that I hear people talk about a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->