Toronto FC: World Cup Brazil/TFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Deserved. Kind of wanting to come in second after the US to avoid France in the quarter-finals.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
red-disk_1111234i.jpg

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Can someone explain to me how Portugal can still get through?

What is the tie breaker? Germany and USA at 4 points and play each other. Obviously a draw there and they both go through.

If one or the other loses that game, Portugal wins their game against Ghana, then you have a tie at 4 points?

So is goal differential the tie breaker? Because Portugal has a massive -4 goal differential so would they have to score 5 more vs. Ghana than whatever the loser in the USA Germany game scores in that match?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Prevent defense, prevented us from winning. I don't care what sport it is, I believe in a good offense. We had control of the game until we tried to sit on the lead.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Prevent defense, prevented us from winning. I don't care what sport it is, I believe in a good offense. We had control of the game until we tried to sit on the lead.

And Michael Bradley. My god, that may have been the WORST turnover I have ever seen in a world cup soccer game.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Portugal taking a page out of the Habs diving repertoire. Breath on them and they go down like they are shot.
Right...

Anyways, Portugal were far too happy with leading 1-0 *sigh* Its Paulo Bento's fault for wanting to win 1-0 and not calling up fresh players.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
LOL why am i not surprised, not a good year for European teams.
Well i will be watching tokyo ghoul this summer, and high school DXD with Rias Gremory, screw the world cup, back to just TFC soccer on friday.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario

What is the tie breaker? Germany and USA at 4 points and play each other. Obviously a draw there and they both go through.

If one or the other loses that game, Portugal wins their game against Ghana, then you have a tie at 4 points?

So is goal differential the tie breaker? Because Portugal has a massive -4 goal differential so would they have to score 5 more vs. Ghana than whatever the loser in the USA Germany game scores in that match?

You pretty much nailed it with the bold. Portugal is still mentioned as having a chance to go through because they are technically not mathematically eliminated yet...but they are pretty much out.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
You pretty much nailed it with the bold. Portugal is still mentioned as having a chance to go through because they are technically not mathematically eliminated yet...but they are pretty much out.
Well, Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 once so heres to hoping! :laugh:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

Yes, tough for Portugal to do it, they would have to gain a plus five of Portugal plus goals and US minus goals.

A tie would put US through at second place but if:

Germany 2 - US 0 and Ghana 1 - Portugal 0 ... or

Germany 1 - US 0 and Ghana 2 - Portugal 0 ... or

a combination of those plus/minuses, then US is out.

Points count first, then goal difference, then if still tied, total goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->