World Cup Bracket Challenge

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
WC_18.jpg

Here's my attempt, for some reason I've got England making a deep run. Bound to happen eventually, maybe this is their year - to lose in the finals. :laugh:

Whoops. :help:

Looks like I overrated Egypt, big time.

Argentina to the semifinals, not looking to prescient either. :laugh:

krossifixo

Jun 26, 2018
Error in Group A scoring in my private league
Has anyone seen an error in group A scoring of the FIFA bracket challenge, some of the members in my league got 38 points even though they picked Egypt to come 3rd and Egypt actually came last

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just in case anyone's wondering:

Group Stage Scoring
  • Correctly predict a Group winner: 10 points
  • Correctly predict a Group Runner-Up: 10 points
  • Correctly predict the top two teams (in any order): 3 points
  • Correctly predict the entire group in the correct order: 15 points
Knockout Stage Scoring
  • For each correct team in the Quarter-Finals: 3 points
  • For each correct team in the Semi-Finals: 4 points
  • For each correct team in the Final: 5 points
  • For the correct World Cup 2018 Winner: 10 points
  • For the correct World Cup 2018 Runner-up: 8 points
  • Correctly predict a fixture (both correct teams and the correct position in the bracket): 10 points

So the leaders in our league with 99 points right now have correctly picked the top two teams for the three groups currently decided (10+10+3 per group). Global leaders with over that also picked at least one whole group correctly in the right order.

krossifixo

Jun 26, 2018
Just in case anyone's wondering:

So the leaders in our league with 99 points right now have correctly picked the top two teams for the three groups currently decided (10+10+3 per group). Global leaders with over that also picked at least one whole group correctly in the right order.
Yeah but some people got 38 points in Group A even though they picked Egypt to come 3rd. I think there is an error

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I got 11-16 and got a perfect group F. Was 7-8 picking group winners with Germany being the only miss.

Missed Germany of course and then Poland. And took a shot with Peru and the mighty Salah's advancing. Other miss was Costa Rica apparently when I coulda sworn I had them 3rd and the Swiss 2nd, must of got heavy handed with the drag and drop lol.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I got Brazil/Mexico and Colombia/England matchups bang-on, hopefully my winners advance there as well.

But I also had Germany, Peru, Egypt, Serbia, Poland and Nigeria advancing, so.....yeah. :laugh:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Who's "Tuggy13", come on admit it :) Three groups I got the top two, the others only one of them, wasn't really expecting to do any better than that with a lot of wishful picks so hey.

There's a (separate) knock-out phase bracket you can do now too with all the actual games, but I don't think there's any points counted for it, it's just kinda for fun.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
11/16 on advancing groups, but only 4/8 on winners. Oof.

By advancing groups you mean like picking the right team to advance (but possibly not in the right spot)? Huh, now that I look at it, I also got 11/16 by that metric, but all in the right spot.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
By advancing groups you mean like picking the right team to advance (but possibly not in the right spot)? Huh, now that I look at it, I also got 11/16 by that metric, but all in the right spot.

That's what I mean, yep. 11/16 teams in the knockout rounds, but almost all in the wrong spot.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The good part about having at least one team right in each group is that with a bit of luck I could have 6 out of eight teams right in the quarters...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad