World Cup Bracket Challenge

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
XlHvNRx.png

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I have to remember to go reenter mine tomorrow, when I went to save it last time something kept going wrong

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I would expect a post-Euro letdown for Iceland. Nigeria is shallow and overrated. If Argentina didn’t qualify from their group I would be absolutely shocked.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I would expect a post-Euro letdown for Iceland. Nigeria is shallow and overrated. If Argentina didn’t qualify from their group I would be absolutely shocked.

I don’t think Argentina will get eliminated in the group stage, but there’s always one big team that doesn’t make it out of the group stage and of all the big teams they seem the most susceptible to crashing out early.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t think Argentina will get eliminated in the group stage, but there’s always one big team that doesn’t make it out of the group stage and of all the big teams they seem the most susceptible to crashing out early.

Well, England has to f*** it up to manage to underachieve their low-expectations...if that counts as a big team.

And I'm still feeling Morocco to pull a shock over Portugal. I just love all of that midfield talent and how well they are coached.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Well, England has to **** it up to manage to underachieve their low-expectations...if that counts as a big team.

And I'm still feeling Morocco to pull a shock over Portugal. I just love all of that midfield talent and how well they are coached.

And I could see Portugal crash out of the World Cup as a letdown to that unlikely run they made in the Euros.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well, England has to **** it up to manage to underachieve their low-expectations...if that counts as a big team.

Who knows, that’s what I love about the World Cup. It’s so exciting and the upsets are always awesome, predicting them is damn hard though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can see Poland or Senegal topping the group, but I have a much tougher time seeing Colombia not at least getting 2nd :-/ I'm really bullish on them & Uruguay. Both have a nice mix of young talent coming in around the veteran stars, with some good prime age guys to round out their teams.

Love the Colombian CBs, Mina & Sanchez; love that James n Falcao duo spearheading their attack; and they've got some really pizzaz in the wide areas from Cuadrado & Arias on the right and whoever ends up winning the spots on the left. With Barrios settling into one of their 6 spots, my only real gripe is that pekerman tends to use a second 6 next to him...and that Tello hasn't developed quickly enough give them the sort of creative 8 that I think they lack to be a truly top team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
WC_18.jpg

Here's my attempt, for some reason I've got England making a deep run. Bound to happen eventually, maybe this is their year - to lose in the finals. :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sure to be wrong!

Uruguay
Egypt
Russia
Saudi Arabia

Spain
Portugal
Morocco
Iran

France
Denmark
Peru
Australia

Argentina
Croatia
Iceland
Nigeria

Brazil
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Serbia

Germany
Mexico
Sweden
South Korea

Belgium
England
Tunisia
Panama

Colombia
Poland
Senegal
Japan

Uruguay over Portugal
France over Croatia
Brazil over Mexico
Belgium over Poland
Spain over Egypt
Argentina over Denmark
Germany over Switzerland
Colombia over England

France over Uruguay
Brazil over Belgium
Argentina over Spain
Germany over Colombia

Brazil over France
Germany over Argentina

Brazil over Germany

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I discovered it did save my bracket despite reporting errors so I'm in the league. Not going to bother posting here though because my picks are pretty uninspiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->