World Cup: Aug 31 GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitalhawk

Jul 18, 2004
This game shapes up to be pretty intense. Both teams will try to play mistake-free hockey. I don't see more than 4 goals in the whole match. 1 will likely be an empty netter. As far as predictions, Canada has gone into every tournament with a stacked lineup. While being a huge fan of Lecavalier, Thornton, Redden and the like, there are some players on that roster that don't really play with urgency, which plays a big part in these tournaments. And the US is close to being washed up. Who knows if they won't just break down? I'd watch out for Slovakia. And if it weren't for the Czechs sadsack performance yesterday, I'd call Russia the laziest and most ill-fated towards doom in the whole tourney.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
You heretics take your godless, heathen tongue someplace else.

Sorry mate, English from now on. Hij heeft gelijk jongens, wij kunnen beter Engels meestal praten van nu af, voor de andere mensen. ;)

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
Rabid Ranger said:
To be honest, I can't either. He must be injured, stepped on some toes at USA Hockey, or was considered too similar to some of the other players on the team.

York was injured, broken finger but he's 100% now
he still played at the end of last season

ZDogg

Aug 10, 2004
Lethbridge, AB
leafs4thecup said:
According to the score.ca, Bouwmeester, Marleau, Draper, Hannan, and Maltby are all scratches
Sounds about right... guess we are going without the grind line. I heard the top line is Lemieux - Sakic - Iginla.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Why God? Why? You made me work during the USA/Canada exhibition, you made me work during the Canada/Slovakia exhibition, but why are you doing this to me again? Not here, not now. :cry:

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
I'll say 4-1 Canada.

1 - Richards (Gagne)
2 - Sakic (Niedermayer, Lemieux) PP
3 - Iginla (Lemieux, Sakic)
4 - Heatley (Foote, Smyth)

1 - Tkachuk (Leetch, Weight) PP

Esche: 32 Shots / 28 Saves
Brodeur: 28 Shots / 27 Saves

Three Stars:

1. Joe Sakic
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Martin Brodeur

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
I just watched Germany-Sweden, gotta get few hours sleep before USA-Canada game.

It's 10.30PM here and the game starts 02.00AM (our time). :( But still I have to see it. Have to see all the stars on the ring. I have to go to work 08.30am so I'll get a few more hours sleep after the game. :banana:

Go Canada.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Shack said:
I just watched Germany-Sweden, gotta get few hours sleep before USA-Canada game.

It's 10.30PM here and the game starts 02.00AM (our time). :( But still I have to see it. Have to see all the stars on the ring. I have to go to work 08.30am so I'll get a few more hours sleep after the game. :banana:

Go Canada.

Dude
VCR
Get one
:amazed:

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
dem said:
Dude
VCR
Get one
:amazed:

NO! It's not the same. I'm not gonna record this game because I just can't watch a game that has already happened. It's probably just me but I can't do it. Knowing that I can either just FF the game to the end or check the sore on the internet will probably cause me to do it.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Hey.. i woulda said tivo.. but who knows if he has one. :dunno:

EVERYONE has a VCR sooomewhere :)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Well we are at about 120 posts already and still 3 hours to game time :D Talk about excitement :banana:

Man the Bell Centre is gonna be hopin tonight! I get off work an hour before game time and the beers are just waitin :D

This is going to be an awesome game!

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I'm missing this game as well, but at least I have tivo. I for one am in the new century NMK. ;) I cant stand waiting for this game, but as long as I dont know the score beforehand I'll have no problem watching the game after its happened.

Vic Rattlehead*

9 pages of predictions, is that a record? :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->