World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

Does anyone know a site where I can listen to the game? :help:

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Shane said:
Finland on the board first. Niko Kapanen with the first goal of the tournament.

It was Hentunen.

The Finns are seriously outplaying the Czechs. I hope they win this game and they're playing like winners.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Not Kapanen but Hentunen. Kapanen fed him in the crease from the left boards, a simple tap-in. Horrendously lax defending from the Czech team who failed to nail neither of the two.

popperbolt*

Shane said:
Finland is dominating the game. Elias had a penalty but the Czechs killed it. Hentunen got the first goal. Finns all over Vokoun.

cool thx ..and keep going :)

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
The Czechs are sleepwalking. Finland took the momentum early on after an Elias penalty. Koivu & co were cruising all over the Czech end but failed to score, lucky for Finland that the 3rd string is feeling sharp. Czechs are yet to enter the game, although they did have one breakaway but that was swept well wide across Kipper's goal.

Edit: Jagr just almost walked (literally) past Berg (who else) to score from the near post but Kipper was there for the block.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Czech's are playing better. Kiprusoff has made a good pad save on Toronto's whipping boy a.k.a. Robert Reichel and a great glove save on Vasicek.

Vokoun is playing well. He just made a good save on Peltonen I believe.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Excellent double save from Kipper after Elias broke in from the left and #63 (who's that) got the rebound. The Czechs are stepping up their game.

In the other end Peltonen cruises across the slot without a Czech defender in sight but misses the goal from a distance with Vokoun sprawling all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->