GDT: World Championship (RUS: Khudobin, Loktionov CAN: Peters))

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 11m
#Canes Loktionov sustained an injury on his first World Championship shift, left holding his shoulder. Taken to the hospital for examination

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Well I'm not surprised though I hope he recovers fully and can earn a contract. It's risky to go over there without one but I don't blame him.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Crystalballs Huet is still playing for France!? :laugh: :laugh:

And still making saves like this:

852162985.gif

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's still hockey. Guys get hurt. Hopefully it's not too serious.

@SlavaMalamud
RUS coach describes Loktionov's injury as "very serious", says he is out for the duration of the tournament #Canes

Back to back years with "very serious" injuries at the WCs. Maybe a coincidence, but bet the Canes don't let guys go anymore.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
@SlavaMalamud
RUS coach describes Loktionov's injury as "very serious", says he is out for the duration of the tournament #Canes

Back to back years with "very serious" injuries at the WCs. Maybe a coincidence, but bet the Canes don't let guys go anymore.

Get Anton on the first flight back.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
FranceGallicRooster.png

France beats Canada? Cocorico, mes amis! I'm going to drink a Belzebuth tonight and celebrate. Were I a smoker I'd tack on a pack of Gauloises to that beer.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It could just be the Russian translation, but I haven't ever heard a shoulder injury described as dramatically as Loktionov's is being described through various outlets.

RUS media officer says #Canes Loktionov re-injured the shoulder he was operated on a few years back. "The prognoses are not optimistic"

That makes it sound like it could be career threatening?

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Maybe Lokti's injury will give him less negotiating power when contract time comes around.:sarcasm:

@SlavaMalamud

And now I'm an ass.:(

Hoping for good news soon...

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
It could just be the Russian translation, but I haven't ever heard a shoulder injury described as dramatically as Loktionov's is being described through various outlets.

RUS media officer says #Canes Loktionov re-injured the shoulder he was operated on a few years back. "The prognoses are not optimistic"

poor guy's not going to make it....

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

That was my thought as well. I tried to get more info on the WC board but all they said was he fell into the boards (by himself) behind the Swiss net.

I'm no doctor, but immediate hospital visits rarely seem to happen for shoulder injuries, no. This has to be pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad