Visit site
In brief in the last 10 min

''Draft are cyclacle''

''2003 was one of the best of the last 10-12 years''

''2004 much deeper than 2002''

''drafting top 20, you will get a solid prospect''

''need to do your homework to get a good player in the later rounds''

''2004 got a lot of role players, safe pick''

''Difficult for fans to understand that a #1 are not all Mario Lemieux, Ray Bourques''

''Picking #4-5 does not mean you will get a superstar''

''Players on the top 10 does rarely become what it was expected because there's a lot of pressure on them, often they need to be traded to be a better player''

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Russian Fan said:
''Players on the top 10 does rarely become what it was expected because there's a lot of pressure on them, often they need to be traded to be a better player''

The Milbury justification!!!!! Whew! Never thought I would hear someone say it - infer it atleast. :)

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
in the other 10 minutes

On Ovechkin ''gap as narrowed between him & Malkin but not because Ovechkin was not good but Malkin played awesome. Ovy still #1 in his books.''

''Chicago is the loser of this draft''

''Malkin 5-6 years from now could be a Lecavalier-Thornton kind of guy''

1st tier = Ovechkin-Malkin
2nd tier = 4-5 other players

On Ladd ''Old schoold kind of guy, leader, big physical, probably a 2nd line who can do a lot of dirty work. Will do anything to WIN games''

On Mark Fistric ''ranking mid 90's in Red Line (#88), tough , physical defensman, NHLscout got him very higher, probably 2nd round material. Downside : one dimensional player. Very tough though, very nasty''

On goalies ''above average, overall the 2004 goalie crop is better than 2003''

On Schwarz ''very acrobatic, very unorthodoxed style, very unique player style.''

On Montoya ''very tall, natural gifted (athletic sense) , very flexible, still learning the technique, huge upside''

On Dubnyk ''Gigantic goalie, patient, let the puck come to him''

On Schneider ''1st round material''

On Dave Brown ''not a lot of people scouted him last year''

END OF the INTERVIEW.

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I listened to the whole thing. Not Woodlief's fault but there was absolutely no meat at all. The show is obviously not targeted at draft nuts but the casual fan so those who missed this, do not worry, there was nothing in there that wasn't widely known already.

Including the fact Woodlief is a doofus :D

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I listened to the whole thing. Not Woodlief's fault but there was absolutely no meat at all. The show is obviously not targeted at draft nuts but the casual fan so those who missed this, do not worry, there was nothing in there that wasn't widely known already.

Including the fact Woodlief is a doofus :D

I agree with you there was nothing much to get ourselves exciting with this. Still, it was enjoyable even if there was no real insight in it.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Russian Fan said:
I agree with you there was nothing much to get ourselves exciting with this. Still, it was enjoyable even if there was no real insight in it.

Ueah, a radio show is a tough spot to do yourself justice. And the interviewer rambled in some pointless directions at times. Like how time is flying by and those guys weren't born when the Miracle on Ic happened. That part was grating and a precious loss of time.

I had never heard Woodlief so I was glad to do so. It is definitly not his fault. He was there to talk about the draft for people who do not follow this stuff, thus information was mostly repeated. I'd say the people who read his column in the USA today this year didn't miss anything. But for the casual fan, it can be cool.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Ueah, a radio show is a tough spot to do yourself justice. And the interviewer rambled in some pointless directions at times. Like how time is flying by and those guys weren't born when the Miracle on Ic happened. That part was grating and a precious loss of time.

I had never heard Woodlief so I was glad to do so. It is definitly not his fault. He was there to talk about the draft for people who do not follow this stuff, thus information was mostly repeated. I'd say the people who read his column in the USA today this year didn't miss anything. But for the casual fan, it can be cool.

Yeah it's nothing unusual from a sports radio show.

I talk a few times to Kyle & when he's not busy , he won't bother talking to you about prospect or the upcoming draft.

This guy love his job, when you talk to him , he is as passionnate as anyone can be. At least that's my perception on the phone.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Russian Fan said:
In brief in the last 10 min

''Draft are cyclacle''

''2003 was one of the best of the last 10-12 years''

''2004 much deeper than 2002''

''drafting top 20, you will get a solid prospect''

''need to do your homework to get a good player in the later rounds''

''2004 got a lot of role players, safe pick''

''Difficult for fans to understand that a #1 are not all Mario Lemieux, Ray Bourques''

''Picking #4-5 does not mean you will get a superstar''

Sounds like Woodlief learned his English from Tarzan.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Vlad The Impaler said:

Being SportsTalk Weekend, we got the substitute host essentially. He's nowhere near as good as Dan, so yeah, the show wasn't as good as it could have been.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Sounds like Woodlief learned his English from Tarzan.

LOL, you must like to criticize everything that is not on your taste. I'm not a secretary, I listen to what he said & I did give a brief commentary.

If you don't like something, what don't you pass up or click back on the windows & move on, it will be more respectful for the other who tried simply to help.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It was a harmless attempt at being funny. It's just the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad