Woodlief Draft Chat

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
West Palm Beach, FL: I keep hearing that CAR will dangle Jack Johnson to PITT in an effort to draft Staal. What are the odds that either Erik Johnson or Jack Johnson will end up with PITT? Do the Rangers have a shot at acquiring Jack Johnson?

Kyle Woodlief: Carolina is dangling Jack Johnson in an effort to nab Jordan Staal and unite him with his brother, Eric. I think that trade could actually happen. But I can't see Erik Johnson not going to St. Louis with the first overall pick.

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=756

Kyle said that Carolina IS dangling the pick. Not that they might . . . not that there is talk . . . not anything but 'is'. Now that is as definitive as you get and is very interesting.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
If you want to delve into semantics, he also used the word "dangling," which implies that things are very preliminary right now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
PhoPhan said:
If you want to delve into semantics, he also used the word "dangling," which implies that things are very preliminary right now.

If that changes anything at all it merely would mean that the Pens' want more, no? As I said, the word usuage is pretty interesting and 'dangling' or not remains so.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
EroCaps said:
I can't think of a recent draft trade that has made more sense for both sides.
This trade makes a hell of a lot of sense for the Penguins, but I have yet to see a benefit beyond "awww brothers on the same team!!" for the Canes.

This rumor would make a hell of a lot more sense the other way around, with the Pens dangling #2 trying to nab Jack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad