Wondering about a few assorted prospects....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Just a few guys on my FHL team, wondering how they did this year, and their potentials, etc. Thanks. :)

Anton Kadeykin
Adam Henrich
Barry Tallackson
Ari Ahonen
Matt Jones
David LeNeveu
Johan Fransson
Konstantin Barulin
Petteri Nokelainen
Dimitri Pestunov
Klye Klubertanz
Girgory Shafigulin
Danny Richmond
Mattias Karlsson
Nathan Saunders
Lauri Korpikoski.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
jtuzzi21 said:
Just a few guys on my FHL team, wondering how they did this year, and their potentials, etc. Thanks. :)

Anton Kadeykin- Defense prospect taken 2-3 yrs ago 1st or 2nd round has not developed well in Russia. Yes, the Devils might have a guy who doesn't panout.

Adam Henrich- Don't know much about him, except the brother of Michael. I believe he's in the Tampa org. His future is uncertain.

Barry Tallackson- Devil 2nd or 3rd round selection a few yrs ago looks to have a good future. Played for Minnesota and has good size and a wicked shot. If he was consistent, he could be a power forward. I see him more as a 2nd line winger max.

Ari Ahonen- Once selected in first round 4-5 years ago and was deemed "heir apparent" to Brodeur for Devils. But has not progressed much in Albany. Did play for some awful defensive teams. And it seems his patience has worn out as he signed with a pro team back home in Finland.

Matt Jones

David LeNeveu- All I know about him is he's a goalie prospect I think in the Coyotes organization. Believe he did ok in the 'A' this year. Not sure how good he is.

Johan Fransson
Konstantin Barulin
Petteri Nokelainen
Dimitri Pestunov
Klye Klubertanz
Girgory Shafigulin
Danny Richmond
Mattias Karlsson
Nathan Saunders

Lauri Korpikoski- Rangers 2nd first round selection last yr, traded up to get him at 19 overall. He didn't play much for TPS in his rookie season of the Pro League back in Finland. But is said to have a great work ethic and could develop into a solid two-way player. Will need more ice-time in his 2nd yr.

I'll try to answer what I can.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lauri Korpikoski- Rangers 2nd first round selection last yr, traded up to get him at 19 overall. He didn't play much for TPS in his rookie season of the Pro League back in Finland. But is said to have a great work ethic and could develop into a solid two-way player. Will need more ice-time in his 2nd yr.

well i think he played in most of their games but was usually on the 3rd and 4th lines...he was a rookie and behind some NHLers...he does very well against players his own age but he (at least last year) seems to be still a "boy" and hasn't matured completely yet

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
What they will probably be in the NHL

Anton Kadeykin- Bust
Adam Henrich- 3rd liner
Barry Tallackson- 4th liner
Ari Ahonen- Bust
Matt Jones- 3rd liner
David LeNeveu- Starting goalie
Johan Fransson- No.2 defenceman
Konstantin Barulin- Backup goalie
Petteri Nokelainen- 2nd liner
Dimitri Pestunov- Bust
Klye Klubertanz- 7th defenceman
Girgory Shafigulin- Bust
Danny Richmond- 4th/5th defenceman
Mattias Karlsson- Bust
Nathan Saunders- 6th defenceman
Lauri Korpikoski- 2nd liner

scout46

Jun 2, 2002
Calgary
Hedberg16 said:
Ari Ahonen- Bust

Wow. I'm surprised. He was a top rated prospect not that long ago. Why do you rate him a bust? What's happened to him?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
scout46 said:
Wow. I'm surprised. He was a top rated prospect not that long ago. Why do you rate him a bust? What's happened to him?

He's been mediocre in the AHL and has now signed a non-lockout deal in Finland.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hedberg16 said:
He's been mediocre in the AHL and has now signed a non-lockout deal in Finland.
He isn't a bust, he has all the talent to be an NHL starter right now just his consistancy has been blown up due to his weak team. If he is off a little he gets lit up. Ahonen going to Finland may give him some confidence being a starter on something other then Albany.

Ryznar is more likely to be a 4th liner then Tallackson, Tallackson's skill set is just to high, he needs to put it all together.

Kadeikin is a bust.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
jtuzzi21 said:

Anton Kadeykin
Adam Henrich
Barry Tallackson
Ari Ahonen
Matt Jones
David LeNeveu
Johan Fransson
Konstantin Barulin
Petteri Nokelainen
Dimitri Pestunov
Klye Klubertanz
Girgory Shafigulin
Danny Richmond
Mattias Karlsson
Nathan Saunders
Lauri Korpikoski.

Was Barulin the goalie that stood on his head in the '03 ReMax Challenge for Russia?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
He isn't a bust, he has all the talent to be an NHL starter right now just his consistancy has been blown up due to his weak team. If he is off a little he gets lit up. Ahonen going to Finland may give him some confidence being a starter on something other then Albany.

Ryznar is more likely to be a 4th liner then Tallackson, Tallackson's skill set is just to high, he needs to put it all together.

Kadeikin is a bust.

Tallackson could end up one of those players who is a better pro than amateur. I think the Devils' coaching staff will end up taking care of his inconsistency issues. Big, a great skater, defensively responsible, and a tremendous shot add up to some nice potential.

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Hedberg16 said:

Anton Kadeykin- Bust
Adam Henrich- 3rd liner
Barry Tallackson- 4th liner
Ari Ahonen- Bust
Matt Jones- 3rd liner
David LeNeveu- Starting goalie
Johan Fransson- No.2 defenceman
Konstantin Barulin- Backup goalie
Petteri Nokelainen- 2nd liner
Dimitri Pestunov- Bust
Klye Klubertanz- 7th defenceman
Girgory Shafigulin- Bust
Danny Richmond- 4th/5th defenceman
Mattias Karlsson- Bust
Nathan Saunders- 6th defenceman
Lauri Korpikoski- 2nd liner

He's not a bust yet. In fact, he had a great WJC. If Nashville can ever get him over here, he could still be Nashville's 3rd or 4th line C.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
Levitate said:
well i think he played in most of their games but was usually on the 3rd and 4th lines...he was a rookie and behind some NHLers...he does very well against players his own age but he (at least last year) seems to be still a "boy" and hasn't matured completely yet

Lev, I agree with that assessment. He didn't receive a lot of ice-time. But they did sometimes use him on the penalty kill and the report said his work on the third line was good. We'll see how he progresses next season.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
jtuzzi21 said:

Anton Kadeykin
Adam Henrich
Barry Tallackson
Ari Ahonen
Matt Jones
David LeNeveu
Johan Fransson
Konstantin Barulin
Petteri Nokelainen
Dimitri Pestunov
Klye Klubertanz
Girgory Shafigulin
Danny Richmond
Mattias Karlsson
Nathan Saunders
Lauri Korpikoski.

Both of them could be solid number one goalies in the NHL one day.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
If Tallackson goes to see the Wizard and asks for a heart and some courage he could be a great player. Has all the tools non of the intangables.

NYRGoalieGlut*

jtuzzi21 said:

Anton Kadeykin
Adam Henrich
Barry Tallackson
Ari Ahonen
Matt Jones
David LeNeveu
Johan Fransson
Konstantin Barulin
Petteri Nokelainen
Dimitri Pestunov
Klye Klubertanz
Girgory Shafigulin
Danny Richmond
Mattias Karlsson
Nathan Saunders
Lauri Korpikoski.

Wow maybe everyone's right, Matt Jones must really be a good athlete, if he can play football as well as hockey. I don't know if the Jacksonville Jaguars will be happy with him playing hockey though. Yeah, that was very corny I know.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I know only of Matt Jones and of David Leneveu. Jones has been a steady college defenseman, not putting up a lot of points, but getting the job done. He projects to the third pairing one day. As for Leneveu, I can't say enough good things about him. He has backstopped two of the worst teams in the AHL over the last two years, but has still put up reasonable statistics. I see no reason he won't be an All-Star goalie in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->