Movies: Wonder Woman:1984 : Xmas day release

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Another trailer that gives away way too much.

Ah well, not like I was going to see it. Superhero fatigue is real AFAIC.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kinda feels like they're trying to rip of Thor Ragnarok's energy a bit. If it works, I'm down.

I really hate Pine being back though. As was said above it really cheapens one of the best parts of WW and the character's general arc.

Wouldn't explain why he didn't age.

good genes lol

Reactions: HanSolo

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It seems like it might involve time travel. That's the simplest explanation for Pine's character returning. Perhaps, instead of killing him, the explosion somehow sent him forward in time to 1984, where Wonder Women discovers him after living the last 66 years grieving over his death. Whatever the explanation, it appears as though it'll partially play out like a time travel movie with Pine's character being a fish out of water in a 1984 that's futuristic and strange to him. I suspect that a lot of the movie's humor will revolve around that. It could be funny to see a character from 1918 react with wonder and confusion to 1984 technologies and fashion that are now terribly old-fashioned and obsolete to us.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not a lot of love showing off Cheetah in the trailer. Wasn't she one of WW's biggest rivals?

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I don't see any big movies coming out on VOD, only smaller/mid-budget ones. Those big movies are the ones that are an actual cashcow in terms of ticket revenue.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't see any big movies coming out on VOD, only smaller/mid-budget ones. Those big movies are the ones that are an actual cashcow in terms of ticket revenue.

John Campea did some math on this. This is/was expected to be a billion dollar movie at the theaters and in order ot make similar money on VOD, it would need be in the range of ~16 million buys at something like 20ish dollars IIRC. Question becomes where could they get something like that because DC Universe isn't available globally and I'm not sure if HBO Max is either.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
John Campea did some math on this. This is/was expected to be a billion dollar movie at the theaters and in order ot make similar money on VOD, it would need be in the range of ~16 million buys at something like 20ish dollars IIRC. Question becomes where could they get something like that because DC Universe isn't available globally and I'm not sure if HBO Max is either.

$20? I want to see it but I don’t think I’ve paid $20 for a movie in my life.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
$20? I want to see it but I don’t think I’ve paid $20 for a movie in my life.
You must not live in California. Here the average ticket price is over $15. Plus gas and concessions.

A trip to the movie theater can easily be $100 for a family.

$20 seems like a pretty good deal considering the whole family can sit down and watch it.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
You must not live in California. Here the average ticket price is over $15. Plus gas and concessions.

A trip to the movie theater can easily be $100 for a family.

$20 seems like a pretty good deal considering the whole family can sit down and watch it.

Pretty sure I can get imax tickets under $20 haha. Here it’s around $10 and they’ll have certain days where it’s $5 or less.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
In my part of South Carolina tickets aren’t that crazy but it’s easily $20 for my wife and I to get tickets to new releases. If they offered VOD for that much on opening weekend during all of this I’d gladly slap down that much for, say Wonder Woman or Black Widow (probably the only movies I’d be going to see release wise even without this nonsense).

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Edit: I'll move what I just wrote to the new thread that you just started, Mario, since it seems more appropriate there.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I keep reading how awful it is. Straight to VOD works for me. Hopefully the franchise will die after that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->