Movies: Wonder Woman:1984 : Xmas day release

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Wonder Woman 1984 - Wikipedia
Fan Goes Nuts Seeing Gal Gadot and Chris Pine in First Set Video from WONDER WOMAN 1984

Wonder Woman 1984

Official logo
Directed byPatty Jenkins
Produced by
Screenplay by
Story by
  • Patty Jenkins
  • Geoff Johns
Based onWonder Woman
by William Moulton Marston
Starring
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

No sure how they are bringing Pine back but he is on set dressed in modern clothers. I like Pedro Pascal since Game of thrones--Wiig plays the big baddie and that is an interesting choice

first-look-at-chris-pine-as-steve-trevor-in-wonder-woman-19841

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Was I the only one who thought the first one was mediocre? It was good by DCEU standards but just average overall.

The villains were cringy especially main old guy face and weird phantom of the opera woman face.

Put it up there with the first Captain America. Pretty good but one of the best comic book films ever nah.

Reactions: Voight

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Put it up there with the first Captain America. Pretty good but one of the best comic book films ever nah.

To me it wasn't even that good. It was ok. Barely at the top of the DC movies. Mainly because Snyder sucks.

It doesn't even make my top 10 MCU movies. And definitely not tops either of you include comic book movies ever outside of the MCU and DCEU.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Was I the only one who thought the first one was mediocre? It was good by DCEU standards but just average overall.

The villains were cringy especially main old guy face and weird phantom of the opera woman face.

Absolutely. It wasn't that great, it was an enjoyable movie no doubt but it ran off the social steam more than the actual movie offered, much like Black Panther did.

Stepping hard on egg shells I know.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Does DC have their own version of a infinity gauntlet?

Not really. The closest equivalents I think are;

White Lantern Rings- Can revive the dead among other things.
The Miracle Machine- Can convert thoughts into reality.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Chris Pine being back is hilarious, if isn't just a flashback or something. I didn't like WW but what it did have going for it was good chemistry with the leads, which led to an actual emotional punch when Pine died, something you basically never get in a superhero movie. Bringing him back is exactly why you can't take these trash movies seriously. Nothing means anything, even in the context of a fictional story.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Chris Pine being back is hilarious, if isn't just a flashback or something. I didn't like WW but what it did have going for it was good chemistry with the leads, which led to an actual emotional punch when Pine died, something you basically never get in a superhero movie. Bringing him back is exactly why you can't take these trash movies seriously. Nothing means anything, even in the context of a fictional story.

If you think characters dying and coming back to life in these comic book movies is bad you should check out some of the source material :laugh:

Reactions: Eisen

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kinda feels like they're trying to rip of Thor Ragnarok's energy a bit. If it works, I'm down.

I really hate Pine being back though. As was said above it really cheapens one of the best parts of WW and the character's general arc.

They could always show that Steve ended up jumping out of the plane no?
Wouldn't explain why he didn't age.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Kinda feels like they're trying to rip of Thor Ragnarok's energy a bit. If it works, I'm down.

I really hate Pine being back though. As was said above it really cheapens one of the best parts of WW and the character's general arc.

Wouldn't explain why he didn't age.

Since Wonder Woman deals with God's and the 80's villain guy is giving a 'have whatever you want' spiel I'm going to assume that Pine being back is central to the plot here, a villain god messing with Wonder Woman, and the cliche plot finale of defeating evil god = bye bye Chris Pine's character.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Since Wonder Woman deals with God's and the 80's villain guy is giving a 'have whatever you want' spiel I'm going to assume that Pine being back is central to the plot here, a villain god messing with Wonder Woman, and the cliche plot finale of defeating evil god = bye bye Chris Pine's character.
Still. As good as their chemistry was, it feels cheap.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

If the reports of bad test screenings are true, I can see that part pissing off viewers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad