Wonder what happens if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
I wonder what would happen to future World Cup tournaments and Olympics starring NHL players, IF the Czechs would go on and beat Canada tonight and advance to the finals against Finland? This must be a nightmare scenario for the NHL and North American hockey. Two Euro teams competing for the World Cup? I'm sure the organizers of the tournament never even thought that'd be possible, so if it does happen, I wonder what they'll do or say then?

monkey_00*

Peter21...........

How's Sweden doing this morning?..........have you guys recovered yet since being eliminated from the tournament?..........Say Hello to Mats Sundin's mother for me ok? :D

Ya that could happen but so what?.......I really don't think it matters either way who wins or loses tonight.....It's not like Canada has won every single tournament that they've ever entered..........If they win tonight great.........If they lose tonight then OH WELL........that's just the way it goes......

If it turns out to be Finland VS The Czechs then it will be because the two teams that are there are deserving to be there fair-and-square.........I actually think that tonight's game will be THE GAME of the tournament.......It should actually be the FINALS and not the Semi-Finals.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Monkey! "if Canada loses, so what"?!?!?!? Jeezus, what's up with you?????

Personally, I'll be extremely pisssed! We're there to win, not take whatever comes. Besides, I'm going to the last two games, and if I have to sit through the Czech trying to out-bore the Finns, I'll slit my friccin wrists.

That would be a huge blow to hockey. A demonstration of how system-hockey has killed a beautiful game. Any casual fans tuning in to a Czech-Fin game, would never watch hockey again!

Vic Rattlehead*

mpdman said:
Monkey! "if Canada loses, so what"?!?!?!? Jeezus, what's up with you?????

Personally, I'll be extremely pisssed! We're there to win, not take whatever comes. Besides, I'm going to the last two games, and if I have to sit through the Czech trying to out-bore the Finns, I'll slit my friccin wrists.

That would be a huge blow to hockey. A demonstration of how system-hockey has killed a beautiful game. Any casual fans tuning in to a Czech-Fin game, would never watch hockey again!
:loony: :loony:

monkey_00*

>>>Monkey! "if Canada loses, so what"?!?!?!? Jeezus, what's up with you?????

That would be a huge blow to hockey. A demonstration of how system-hockey has killed a beautiful game. Any casual fans tuning in to a Czech-Fin game, would never watch hockey again!<<<
===============

mpdman.........

Ummmm......Hamildump?.........Is that by any chance near Hamilton? :D

Of course I want Canada to win and my money is on them tonight HOWEVER, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if they lose tonight's game and neither should you.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Last edited by a moderator:

High flyin' Habs*

monkey_00 said:
>>>Monkey! "if Canada loses, so what"?!?!?!? Jeezus, what's up with you?????

That would be a huge blow to hockey. A demonstration of how system-hockey has killed a beautiful game. Any casual fans tuning in to a Czech-Fin game, would never watch hockey again!<<<
===============

mpdman.........

Ummmm......Hamildump?.........Is that by any chance near Hamilton? :D

Of course I want Canada to win and my money is on them tonight HOWEVER, I'm not going to sleep any sleep over it if they lose tonight's game and neither should you.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

If they lose it will be a major dissapointement for Canada but I just dont see Canada losing in front of their home crowd.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
monkey_00 said:
I actually think that tonight's game will be THE GAME of the tournament.......It should actually be the FINALS and not the Semi-Finals.

No it shoudn't.

Finland has progressed unbeaten to the final itself, no semi-final including a team that was schooled 4-0 could ever be considered to be the "final" game when there's an unbeaten team in the final already.

The final of this tournament should be Finland-Canada, because then it's euro #1 vs north america #1, because then it's two unbeaten teams against each other for the first time to battle for supremacy of the world.

A Finland-Czech final woudn't be the same thing.

Besides, Finland and Canada are the only two countries in the world in which ice hockey is the 1st sport. This may be the first time these two nations meet in a final like this, but it certainly isn't the last, and you'll be seeing a lot more of these two meeting in the final in the future.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
mpdman said:
Besides, I'm going to the last two games, and if I have to sit through the Czech trying to out-bore the Finns, I'll slit my friccin wrists.

You should consider yourself lucky to be able to attend the game. Many hockey fans won't be able to watch it on TV, let alone in the arena.

Raimo Sillanpää said:
No it shoudn't.

Besides, Finland and Canada are the only two countries in the world in which ice hockey is the 1st sport.

Don't forget Slovakia.

Last edited:

monkey_00*

>>>Besides, Finland and Canada are the only two countries in the world in which ice hockey is the 1st sport. This may be the first time these two nations meet in a final like this, but it certainly isn't the last, and you'll be seeing a lot more of these two meeting in the final in the future.<<<

Raimo Sillanpää........

Really?......That's good to know.........I guess you learn something new everyday........By the way (Off topic) I've yet to meet an ugly woman from Finland.......They're all so beautiful over there......It's as if it's against the Law to look Ugly in your country or something.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

DevMod9

I like watching the Fins play their structured, defensive system because of their unyielding agression & passion. The U.S.-Finland game last night started off slow in the first with both teams playing very conservative. However, The 2nd and 3rd was a melee of bodies. Great hockey without a multitude of offensive chances. Tight, hardnosed hockey is very entertaining. A Czech-Finland game would be an interesting clash of styles.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
I sure wouldn't want a Czech-Finland final because first, that means Canada will lose and second, I hate the Czechs. But there's a third reason and it's because I want to see something new. I've already seen a Czech-Finland game last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->