Womens hockey - Canada and Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossroads*

The Italian goaltender would probably be more impressive than Robert Esche in the NHL. :lol:

Bring Back Krajicek*

At least the Italians can take solace in the fact that they are more attractive than the Canadians.

joe_shannon_1983*

Pound them, pound them, pound them Canada!

Don't let up! Keep pounding them until they start to cry and think about quitting!

joe_shannon_1983*

Now the referees are starting to call penalties for Canada. Trying to save Italy. Trying to stop Canada. Trying to stop the Big Red and White Machine!

BS!

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Team Italy does look bad, alot of them can't even skate better than highschool level and if I didn't know any better I would say the Italian goalie is a 10 year old boy.

If they can keep Canada under 13 or so or score one goal it would be great for them.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
stefan1406 said:
At least the Italians can take solace in the fact that they are more attractive than the Canadians.

Ouch.... :biglaugh:

I hope Canada lets up a bit offensively after scoring 10. Everybody knows the Italians shouldn't even be in this tournament (being 2 divisions down from the Canadians). It serves no purpose to run up the score, and it would be heart-wrenching for the home team.

Canada should continue to play hard, but work more on the little aspects of their game.

joe_shannon_1983*

Tricolore#20 said:
I hope Canada lets up a bit offensively after scoring 10.

Screw that! No need to let up. This is a serious hockey tournament. This isn't little-league hockey.

The Italians are big girls, they will deal with losing and losing hard.

Tricolore#20 said:
Everybody knows the Italians shouldn't even be in this tournament (being 2 divisions down from the Canadians).

Tough on them. They come to play, so they better be prepared to lose, even if it is by a 20-0 score.

Tricolore#20 said:
It serves no purpose to run up the score

Yes it does serve a purpose. It sends a message to the rest of the other teams.

It tells the rest of the teams that Canada isn't screwing around in this tournament and that they mean business.

Tricolore#20 said:
and it would be heart-wrenching for the home team.

Nobody said that hockey was a forgiving sport. Nobody said that hockey was a sport where one would be immune from heartbreak.

Break the Italians hearts. Who cares? The goal for Canada is to help Canadians rejoice, not to look after Italians feelings.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
ferns8916 said:
Screw that! No need to let up. This is a serious hockey tournament. This isn't little-league hockey.

Tough on them. They come to play, so they better be prepared to lose, even if it is by a 20-0 score.

It tells the rest of the teams that Canada isn't screwing around in this tournament and that they mean business.

Nobody said that hockey was a forgiving sport. Nobody said that hockey was a sport where one would be immune from heartbreak.

Break the Italians hearts. Who cares? The goal for Canada is to help Canadians rejoice, not to look after Italians feelings.

Having some class is what it's about but you obviously fail in that department.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Puck33 said:
Having some class is what it's about but you obviosly fail in that department.
While he doesnt exactly say it the right way, Canada shouldnt let up because they should do the best they can and players will be playing for icetime in future games.

I do feel sorry for the Italians, especially the 15 and 16 year olds.

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
ferns8916 said:

The Olympics are about more than just winning and losing. Yes, a big win is impressive, but being a good winner and showing good sportsmanship are what the Olympics are all about.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
Steve L said:
Italy playing Canada women would be like the Canadian cricket team playing England or Australia.

The result would never be in doubt but its just a matter of whether Canada would get into double figures for either game. :D
Italy playing Canada in hockey is like Canada playing Italy in soccer.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Again, I'm not sure whether you are trying to be sarcastic, or whether you actually care that much about women's hockey. Let's face it, everybody knows it will be Canada vs. USA in two weeks for the gold medal.

ferns8916 said:

Actually, some of their girls are 15 years old!

There is something called sportsmanship, and that is one of the principles of the Olympic Games.

ferns8916 said:

Killing a team like Italy IMO doesn't send a message to anyone. Like I've said, Canada and the USA know they are going to be in the final, so they know what each other bring. How many times have they faced each other this year? Beating Italy 25-0 will not send any message to the Americans.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
Steve L said:
While he doesnt exactly say it the right way, Canada shouldnt let up because they should do the best they can and players will be playing for icetime in future games.

I do feel sorry for the Italians, especially the 15 and 16 year olds.

Some of them are not strong enough to clear the puck all the way down the ice.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
stefan1406 said:

I was going to ask if this is in fact the case. Who is the hottest woman on ice? My guess is it's either an Italian or a Swedish chick. Checking the rosters, there is a player on the Swedish team who's last name is Asserholt... that's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad