• Poll closed .

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
No idea but are we really going there?

From an interview in 2014..........

Walk me through your most famous interview, after the gold medal win in Salt Lake City, when you growled on national television: “The Americans had our flag on their floor in the dressing room, and now I want to know if they want us to sign it.”
HW:
Walk you through that? OK, well, it actually came up in a conversation I had with my teammate, Thérèse Brisson. Because the flag had been in the dressing room, or the staff in the arena had told us the U.S. had a flag in their room as sort of a source for motivation. Not that it was necessarily on the floor, or anything like that. So Thérèse and I were walking out of the rink, and she turned and said, ‘if anybody ever asks you, ask them if they wanted us to sign it.’ I remembered that. And so right after the game, I was so emotional and so happy we won, and so wound up all at the same time, I had an interview with Don Cherry and said, ‘I have something to say.’ And I said it.

How do you feel when you see the clip now?
HW:
I feel like, you know, in the moment, it is what it is. I don’t regret it. But I don’t watch it. It’s embarrassing to watch it now, so many years removed.

Several American players will swear on a Bible they didn’t have it on the floor.
HW:
Yeah, and I mean, we went by the information that we got, which was from people in the rink. At the end of the day, it sort of helped us. It motivated us. It was a bit of a rallying point, at different times, for the room. You use the information you have in the moment to make those types of decisions. I’m not going to dispute whether they had it or if they didn’t, but at the time, that’s what we knew.

So after they beat them she feels the need to smear Team USA with completely made up BS? What a f***ing piece of shit.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The rules are a shootout determines the winner. We may not like it but make no mistake the winner this time around was team USA. If the outcome was the opposite my answer would be the same. Meh
yes its was a 2-2 ties after 70 minutes and then the us won the shootout 3-2 so they win the gold. but the actual game was tied 2-2 after 70 minutes. thats the point im making.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
So after they beat them she feels the need to smear Team USA with completely made up BS? What a ****ing piece of ****.
I don't think it's ever been determined if it was true or not.

What they did know, a Canadian flag was in the US dressing room. Now you may say it's for motivation but come on, Americans need another flag for that? ;)

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Speaking sportsmanship, did Hockey Canada ever apologize for the false allegations Team USA players stepped on the Canadian flag in their dressing room?

I doubt they did nor should they.

Still no proof the scumbag Americans didn’t do it.

Fits inline with the scum they put on that women’s team.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wrong, there is no proof Team USA did anything that the Canadian player claimed.
When someone makes a claim it's up to them to prove it or it is slander.

Well then take her to court.

There were reports it happened and it fits perfectly with the kind of people that were on that team.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
On Jocelyne Larocque, there is an article, from The Globe and Mail, that Larocque got an bit of a talk from an Olympic or IIHF official that she was required to wear the medal. I can't verify the article, it has been cited elsewhere, but if true her right to do whatever she wants because it is her medal is not correct.

I would think that somewhere in the official paperwork there is probably something that was agreed to protocol.

FWIW, the US Men's Basketball team never accepted the silver medals from the 1972 Olympics. Not sure whatever became of them... probably eBay.

John

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
To me its a 2-2 tie with the Americans winning a skill competition 3-2. Both team deserve to win this game equally. There's nothing separating these two teams. when they face each other it can go either way.
That argument would hold water if Canada didn't do it's best to get the game to the skills competition. They were parking the bus the entire OT. They wanted the shootout and the outcome went against them, the Americans won fair and square. I'm saying this as a Canadian and Team Canada fan btw.

Reactions: PSUPEN

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The American women were long overdue. I never watch apart from gold medal Olympic matches, but it seems the US is just better. They win almost every World Championship then choke on the biggest stage, until now. Canada was completely outclassed in OT and their only chance apart from the PP was to win the SO.

The women definitely have some skill but man, no one can shoot. It's like there is no threat to score until they are within 10 feet.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
The American women were long overdue. I never watch apart from gold medal Olympic matches, but it seems the US is just better. They win almost every World Championship then choke on the biggest stage, until now. Canada was completely outclassed in OT and their only chance apart from the PP was to win the SO.

The women definitely have some skill but man, no one can shoot. It's like there is no threat to score until they are within 10 feet.
Agreed, USA has been better for awhile, honeslty speaking Canada’s development system is behind theirs. I coached at a fairly high level here and we just produce players because we have so many..

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Agreed, USA has been better for awhile, honeslty speaking Canada’s development system is behind theirs. I coached at a fairly high level here and we just produce players because we have so many..
and to be honest if it were not for the scholarships many of the Canadian women get at US colleges, the Canadian team would even be worse.

Hockey Canada is letting women's hockey down.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
That argument would hold water if Canada didn't do it's best to get the game to the skills competition. They were parking the bus the entire OT. They wanted the shootout and the outcome went against them, the Americans won fair and square. I'm saying this as a Canadian and Team Canada fan btw.
In not saying the American didnt win it fair and square, geez im just saying that after 70 minutes of playing time it was a tie 2-2 and then the Americans won the shootout which lets be honest is a skill competition 3-2 thus winning the game and the gold. IMO Canada didnt lose the game itself it was 2-2 tie but they lost the shootout which for the final is just a disgusting way to lose. And i would say the same thing if the Canadian would have won in the shootout. Both teams are amazing champions. Canada cant win them all. we will get another crack at them in 2019 at the world :thumbu:

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
In not saying the American didnt win it fair and square, geez im just saying that after 70 minutes of playing time it was a tie 2-2 and then the Americans won the shootout which lets be honest is a skill competition 3-2 thus winning the game and the gold. IMO Canada didnt lose the game itself it was 2-2 tie but they lost the shootout which for the final is just a disgusting way to lose. And i would say the same thing if the Canadian would have won in the shootout. Both teams are amazing champions. Canada cant win them all. we will get another crack at them in 2019 at the world :thumbu:

And my point is that by not attacking and parking the bus Canada greatly hindered their own chance to avoid the skill competition. They lost the game, end of.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Boooooooooooooo!!!! Wow and it took the amazing American a shootout to beat the lowly Canadian. hahahaha!!! They were lucky to win to be honest. they needed a skill competition to beat us. At least when we won our 4 gold medals, yes 4!!! we did it either in regulation or in OT.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
and to be honest if it were not for the scholarships many of the Canadian women get at US colleges, the Canadian team would even be worse.

Hockey Canada is letting women's hockey down.
To be fair CIS hockey is really good, and it’s getting better and actually ironically enough QC produces female players, but I’d venture to geuss that the Canadian team didn’t take the best players, maybe some typical Canadian type grinders made it instead.. we weren’t fast at all.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
oh stop, by that logic every Stanley Cup Champion in the last 12 years should have their Cups questioned if they won any regular season games in a shootout since those aren't real wins and it benefited them in the standings, US won the game fair and square, that is the rules, like in soccer which is the most popular sport in the world they have a shootout to determine the winner in the big games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->