women in hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadahockeygirl*

puckstopper101 said:
i was just wondering if there r any women out there that play hockey that r from untraditional hockey places

what do you mean by untraditional?

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
Yeah here in L.A. there are a handfull of Women in our beer leagues. most of them started on roller then crossed over to ice. :handclap: I'm almost as good as some of them. ;)

canadahockeygirl*

Nontraditional also depends on when you were born... when I was growing up outside of Boston, there weren't many girls' hockey teams. I wasn't allowed on the boys team at the public school so I had to go to a boarding school to get on a girls' team. What's sad is that I graduated HS in 1998, not 1952. There are tons of teams out here now.

puckstopper101

Jul 21, 2004
Keetz said:
Yeah here in L.A. there are a handfull of Women in our beer leagues. most of them started on roller then crossed over to ice. :handclap: I'm almost as good as some of them. ;)

sounds like a lot of the girls on my team

canadahockeygirl*

Now that I've looked at an old HS roster, I know tons of girls that played and came from non-traditional places. Many started as ice dancers or figure skaters but made the switch to hockey when they realized they weren't going to make it to the olympics.

One of my current hockey teams will be going to a tournament that's held in Hawaii every year. Supposedly there's good local competition.

Kamenski

Oct 20, 2004
Keetz said:

Sounds like me and the teams I play on. I play in a couple beer leagues in Northern Colorado. There are several women on the twelve teams. In addition, I practice with a woman's team once a week. Better than half of the women are as good or better than me.

Last winter I played against a woman who was awesome . . . better than most of the men in the leagues. During one of the games I told her that if she ever decided she was interested in middle-aged, balding, fat men, to let me know. She was laughing so hard she almost missed the face-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad