News Article: Wolves GM Wendell Young on Shipachyov, Theodore, Changing Goalies on Fly

Sheng Peng

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But at the same time, he's got to prove himself. From what I've seen, and this is just my view, this isn't the Vegas staff view, he wasn't putting out as much as he could in practice. That's what I've seen in scrimmages and stuff.

Come here [to Chicago], play some games, and God knows what's going to happen after that.

HB: Tracking back, are you saying that Shipachyov needs to improve his practice habits? How many practices of his have you watched?

WY: It didn't seem like he was...he wasn't as focused in practice as I think you need to be. Because every practice, there's something happening, there's a theme to it, or the coaches are trying to accomplish something. I don't think that [focus] was there.

That's just my view as an outsider from what I've seen. I think he's gotta get the focus back on hockey.

I've probably seen about 10 practices. Not with us. I'm saying with Vegas. I've been out to training camp. Exhibitions. I've been around the team a bunch.

There's always a reason why a player is in the American Hockey League. Whether it's not skilled enough, not working hard enough, not listening, rehab, whatever. Everybody down here is down here for a reason.

Of course, Shipachyov has the skill. So why is he here? We're trying to get that back, so he can have an NHL career.

Woof. That's rough

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
As a big fan of Ship, I would agree and that's kinda what I thought. Even in the preseason games his effort level didn't look to always be there. Hopefully this all works out and he stays

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Yeah I'm still hoping he gets to work and improves, because there aren't a lot of guys with his skills in the offensive zone; his ability to dish the puck is elite, no doubt in my mind. So best case for us is he humbles himself and does what he needs to do.

Shippy can play at this level IMO. He's a valuable resource for the team just get him where he needs to be and then he can help a little to offset the loss of Neal before the deadline. I would not write him off just yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad