Wolski with natural hat-trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Interestingly enough, the co-leaders in the CHL in scoring, Radulov and Schremp, have a combined 1 player of the month trophy. Quite an accomplishment by Wolski.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
ReLyT said:
I'm thinking PErry might've had three in a row...

I would imagine that during Lemieux's final season, he had an impressive string of POM's. He scored around 250 points in his 61 consecutive game point scoring streak. I would imagine he probably hauled in around 50 points a month during that span. And considering his nearest non-teammate had less than half as many points as he did, he probably didn't have a lot of competition for the trophy either.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
golleafsgo_17 said:
yeah thats a bit much, but I'd say Wolski is the best player outside the NHL and Magnetigorsk

Dunno about that ....he's up there but to say he's 2nd to malkin dunno about that..

Guys like alexander radulov, patrick O'sullivan, Gilbert Brule and a few others are right there with him forsure...

radulov= leads chl in pts i believe, unreal talent.

O'sullivan= owning the AHL, 66+ pts, leads rookies, 5th in AHL

Brule= has been awesome since coming back from injury...

I'm not sure i'd take wolski over those 3.

Although I got Wolski, O'sully and radulov in my fantasy keeper league :)

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Month of March has started pretty well for Wolski. 9 points in the first 2 games...outstanding! :banana:

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Wolski actually had a Gordy Howe hat trick tonight goal, assist (well he had 3), and a fight. He almost for into 2 more fights but didnt. He faught 1st rounder this year Brain Little which is weird since both dont fight. Wolski can put up the points but looks like he is working on his defensive game, great pick by the AVS!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
golleafsgo_17 said:
yeah thats a bit much, but I'd say Wolski is the best player outside the NHL and Magnetigorsk
I wouldn't go that far either, but got to be a good bet as a Calder finalist.

very exited about this pick.

Bam Beet*

Honus Joglund said:
A natural hat trick is when you score three goals in a row.
True but in this case we are talking about Player of the Month awards.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Wasn't Wolski's stock hurt by some false allegation right before the draft?

Not taking anything away from Schremp, but he does have support in London. Is Wolski playing with any other productive prospects in Brampton?

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Yes he has Aquino on his wing, im not sure how good the guy will be but hes having a good season son far. For the past 3 months the Wolski, Aquino, other guy line has been the best in the OHL. Yes Schremp has a better supporting cast, but its not like Wolski has no one, even though sometimes he plays like it!

And yes just like Schremp, Wolski was hurt by something just before the draft that made him drop so much. For Schremp it was his so called attitude and Wolski it was a Bar fight. Both should have gone top 5.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
knight44 said:
Yes he has Aquino on his wing, im not sure how good the guy will be but hes having a good season son far. For the past 3 months the Wolski, Aquino, other guy line has been the best in the OHL. Yes Schremp has a better supporting cast, but its not like Wolski has no one, even though sometimes he plays like it!

And yes just like Schremp, Wolski was hurt by something just before the draft that made him drop so much. For Schremp it was his so called attitude and Wolski it was a Bar fight. Both should have gone top 5.

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Ladd
5. Wheeler

I'm assuming you're knocking out Ladd and Wheeler.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
MeffyuhTJRest said:
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Ladd
5. Wheeler

The highest I saw him projected was 9th by TSN. Consensus had him in the middle ten. So the fight may have caused a slight drop. As an Avs fan I'll take him.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
MeffyuhTJRest said:
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Ladd
5. Wheeler

Id take Schremp and Wolski over Ladd and Wheeler every day of the week and twice on sunday!.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
I'd juste like to know, is there a reason why Phoenix drafted Wheeler when there were still so many good players they could take?? I just don't understand... Are they just stupid?

HFaceOff

Feb 7, 2006
Saint John
jpchabby said:
I'd juste like to know, is there a reason why Phoenix drafted Wheeler when there were still so many good players they could take?? I just don't understand... Are they just stupid?

Amen! I would have to say they made a mistake. Wheeler will be an okay player, but that's not what you want from a top 5 pick. That one was a real surprise. Other teams do that once in a while, the Flames taking Derek Morris, the Sharks taking Devon Setoguchi last year, so I guess sometimes teams do know what they are doing - but The Coyotes are out to lunch on that one.

As for Wolski, I think that he has progressed more than projected, he wasn't anywhere near a top ten consensus pick, though he probably did fall a few spots he was drafted right around the right time, knowing what we knew then. Knowing what we know now, well, he should have gone 4 or 5.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Ladd has put up some pretty good numbers playing in Lowell and up on the big club so far. Who knows how he would have done with another year in the 'dub.

I remember Wheeler being a HUGE suprise. Virtually unknown USHS kid drafted ahead of some well known prospects with extensive jr, pro and international experience. Haven't had a chance to see him play, but his production this season on paper doesn't look like anything to bust a N over.

Anybody know how much playing time he's getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad