Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Question

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's a prequel to The New Order that's probably about the same length. Eh, a bit shorter. Maybe like 8-9 hours? Not as well received, I don't think.

Sep 19, 2008
I thought reception was fine but I just read steam reviews.

It's pretty much the pre quell

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's boring.

I couldn't get through it.

You fight these armored soldiers all over the place where you have to use your crowbar to pry away some of the armor in order to kill them.

It gets repetitive and tiresome.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It's a prequel to The New Order that's probably about the same length. Eh, a bit shorter. Maybe like 8-9 hours? Not as well received, I don't think.

I loved Old Blood but didn't like the New Order.

Old Blood felt like real Wolfenstein. New Order felt like it tried to hard to be Wolfenstein. Metacritic rates them both in the high 70's but I thought New Order was awful.

Just my opinion of course but Old Blood wasn't as far fetched and it felt like WWII running around killing Nazi's in a huge castle. New Order was just... weird.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Old blood is about half the length of The New Order, the poster who couldn't get through the game because of the armoured soldiers must've literally played the first 30 minutes of the game because that's the only point they appear in large numbers. The second half of the game the enemies change up.

The story is centered around finding the location of Deathshead castle that you storm at the beginning and end of The New Order. I would say it's not vital to play, but both Wolfenstein games are on sale constantly so I'd say it's worth a try.

Oh and there's a 'nightmare' level on every stage rather than just one.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Old blood is about half the length of The New Order, the poster who couldn't get through the game because of the armoured soldiers must've literally played the first 30 minutes of the game because that's the only point they appear in large numbers. The second half of the game the enemies change up.

They reappear in the town too.

Yay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad